the chase,bow solo,77 guitar,dazed

kirchzep27

From hearing more of the 88 shows recently, thought this was an interesting song, as well as the whole song list. But this one sort of addressed the past,present and future as jimmy always said at the beginning of those shows. I saw one of these shows live, so the whole deathwish inclusion of the show was a surprise hearing it live. With -the chase and then to go into the bow section is interesting hearing it now a days. But to hear the 77 guitar section is cool cause he is sort of addressing the past, with the 77 shows and then the finale is the dazed and confused section. I dont know, just wondering what anyone else has to say about this. Its also interesting how its all an instrumental and john miles isnt singing on the dazed sections. I think its a real moment for jimmy page within that -outrider show, that means alot.

• 3 weeks later...
From hearing more of the 88 shows recently, thought this was an interesting song, as well as the whole song list. But this one sort of addressed the past,present and future as jimmy always said at the beginning of those shows. I saw one of these shows live, so the whole deathwish inclusion of the show was a surprise hearing it live. With -the chase and then to go into the bow section is interesting hearing it now a days. But to hear the 77 guitar section is cool cause he is sort of addressing the past, with the 77 shows and then the finale is the dazed and confused section. I dont know, just wondering what anyone else has to say about this. Its also interesting how its all an instrumental and john miles isnt singing on the dazed sections. I think its a real moment for jimmy page within that -outrider show, that means alot.

A sonic and visual tour de force Middlezep.

The combination of the harmonizer , theramin and bow run in sequence it's not even about notes. It's just as though you're being swamped in sound.

A sonic and visual tour de force Middlezep.

The combination of the harmonizer , theramin and bow run in sequence it's not even about notes. It's just as though you're being swamped in sound.

-Swamped in sound, thats great and that it is. i just didnt appreciate hearing it in 88 as i am now on these live recordings, specifially 10-29-88 worcester mass.

Basically, i think everything is spaced out very well. there is the intro, the chase, where jimmy goes into some nice playing, so significant of that 88 tour. The bow sequence is the crowd pleaser and yet unexpected after a song from the deathwish soundtrack, and then he goes back to the whole guitar noise sequence from 77 and its done really well and again timed out nicely, not too long or anything. ofcourse then, the dazed and confused instrumental part, just wicked as they would say in mass. haha. they go into the jam section w/jason playing this straight on tribal beat and there jimmy is playing stuff, i think... that is new for the time. ofcourse he goes back into some of his trademark playing here and there, but i think there was some new stuff being played there. the keys from john miles are great here too, very atmospheric as keys usually are, but very well done in the context of such a hard rock song such as dazed and confused. Hey, just an appreciation for the way -jimmy page put together that outrider tour, really cool.

Archived