Mugs

redrum

Nyah, see? Listen here you mugs!!

Yeah, lots of people are fascinated with the criminal types, especially the mob/gangster types. I thought it would make an interesting thread to post any that come to mind. I got this article and pic from some magazine on Gotti when he was first arrested.

And remember kids, Crime Doesn't Pay!! :guns:

post-503-0-94146900-1390865423_thumb.jpg

post-503-0-82233300-1390865454_thumb.jpg

Not too bad apantherfrommd atm...

I kinda liked the story of Bonnie and Clyde but IMHO....(I'm gonna hijack the thread a bit here) I do read an awful lot of British crime, especially when it came to the noose being brought in.

I have this book 41sO663oOyL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticIt's more of a reference book rather than bed time reading but anyways a fascinating read, listing every trial and execution in Britain from 1900 to 1964

I heartly recommend it to anyone

Back to the subject of mugs, I have come across some old photos taken of convicts from the Victorian times, quite a few of children

18025a.jpg

victorian-crime-photoshoot-240.jpg

Also a few years back I visited the old Crumlin Jail in Belfast and was told the reason why these chaps have their hands/fingers in show while getting their mugshot taken was because of theories about the shape of the skull and hands of criminals.

CRIME%20Records%20152105_197-1335386.jpg

Meanwhile I wouldn't like to bump into this during the night

aaAMELIA-DYER.jpg Amelia Dyer, convicted baby killer (she was a baby farmer) Hanged in Newgate Prison, London 1897

Back to the subject of mugs, I have come across some old photos taken of convicts from the Victorian times, quite a few of children

18025a.jpg

victorian-crime-photoshoot-240.jpg

Also a few years back I visited the old Crumlin Jail in Belfast and was told the reason why these chaps have their hands/fingers in show while getting their mugshot taken was because of theories about the shape of the skull and hands of criminals.

Meanwhile I wouldn't like to bump into this during the night

aaAMELIA-DYER.jpg Amelia Dyer, convicted baby killer (she was a baby farmer) Hanged in Newgate Prison, London 1897

Bless her heart. I didn't know that was a woman at first glance. If I looked like that and I was a lady, I suppose people wouldn't have treated me so kindly. People are so superficial. And that never change with the times.

I'm gonna have to check out that book you presented. It looks interesting. Thank you.

Wacky science.

Very interesting redrum, talking of hard to get/rare as hens teeth books (again...going off "mugs" topic again") There is a book that I used to get from the library as a kid. I've been after this gem for sooo long.

usb.jpg I have seen the odd copy floating about in Ebay and Amazon for large stupid amounts of money

Very interesting redrum, talking of hard to get/rare as hens teeth books (again...going off "mugs" topic again") There is a book that I used to get from the library as a kid. I've been after this gem for sooo long.

usb.jpg I have seen the odd copy floating about in Ebay and Amazon for large stupid amounts of money

Yeah, I saw a Woody Guthrie book going for $2500. It's crazy.

Makes you wonder if the guys in those pictures, one day we will be viewing them perhaps even judging them, in the future through funny light up screens.

You have to wonder about the 3/4 pose too.

We have this book at the library titled 'Least Wanted' by Mark Michaelson and 2 others. It's pricey as hell too an Amazon. <_<

post-503-0-97610300-1391039295.jpg

^^Holy *rap, it's £178.20 here

Another good book is about the life story of Ruth Ellis by Robert Hancock

41YPSE5E08L._SY445_.jpg

In fact a little interesting thing is that the guy she murdered, David Blakely, his mother was originally from Ballynahinch. A town just 15 miles south of where I live.

Oh and by the way, the cover of that book is the actress Miranda Richardson, who did play Ruth in the brilliant drama "Dance With A Stranger"

Also another fact (sorry to bore everyone here) I did remember coming across an article linking Ruth Ellis and Dr Stephen Ward (of the infamous Profumo Affair) that she was one of his "girls"

Again apologies for thread hi-jacking...

^^Holy *rap, it's £178.20 here

Another good book is about the life story of Ruth Ellis by Robert Hancock

41YPSE5E08L._SY445_.jpg

In fact a little interesting thing is that the guy she murdered, David Blakely, his mother was originally from Ballynahinch. A town just 15 miles south of where I live.

I remember as a kid in San Francisco this woman killed two people and buried them in the basement. I'll have to try to dredge that up sometime.

Also, we used to hang out at the Eureka Valley rec center as kids and there was this group of thugs always hanging out there making trouble. Well, one night they robbed and beat this guy a couple blocks away in Dolores Park and they tried to burn his wallet to destroy evidence. They left the poor guy on the ground and he crawled onto the streetcar tracks and was run over and killed. Those pricks all went to prison and it was strange to see their ugly mugs in the detective magazines. Good riddance to the scumbags and the rec center was now at peace.

• 3 months later...

The Birdman

411019abea3282cef4ca755c9e6799f5.jpg
Robert Franklin Stroud (January 28, 1890 – November 21, 1963), known as the "Birdman of Alcatraz", was a federal American prisoner, cited as one of the most notorious criminals in American history. During his time at Leavenworth Penitentiary he reared and sold birds and became a respected ornithologist, but despite his nickname, he was not permitted to keep his birds at Alcatraz, where he was incarcerated from 1942.

Archived