The decline and fall...

ScarletMacaw

8 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Barf. That guy is a douche with a capital Bag. Surprised you would link one of his vids, Scarlet.

Just because someone is a douche doesn't mean he can't be right some of the time...even Donald Trump is right about some things.

On 5/27/2016 at 10:15 AM, Sathington Willoughby said:

If you say so. ;)

What in this video isn't true? There used to be a real variety of styles and artists in the Top 40 which doesn't exist anymore. Do you have a better explanation for what happened?

https://weeklytop40.wordpress.com/1980/12/13/us-top-40-singles-for-week-ending-december-13-1980/

I'll add that the overuse of emoticons is another sign that for many expression and communication in current culture is existing at a 4th grade level. 

1 hour ago, Badgeholder Still said:

What in this video isn't true? There used to be a real variety of styles and artists in the Top 40 which doesn't exist anymore. Do you have a better explanation for what happened?

https://weeklytop40.wordpress.com/1980/12/13/us-top-40-singles-for-week-ending-december-13-1980/

I'll add that the overuse of emoticons is another sign that for many expression and communication in current culture is existing at a 4th grade level. 

I don't recall saying anything about that particular video, just the person in it. Something crawl back up your ass this weekend? :rolleyes:B):blink::wacko::ph34r:

On 5/28/2016 at 3:14 PM, Sathington Willoughby said:

I don't recall saying anything about that particular video, just the person in it. Something crawl back up your ass this weekend? :rolleyes:B):blink::wacko::ph34r:

Well, you did make a blanket statement about the guy and his work. And I believe it was implied and understood that the posted video was focus of conversation in this thread. 

I am upset about the state of the Top 40 and I'm looking for answers. As I asked before, do you have any word style thoughts about the topic in the video you can express without attacking the OP?

When my ass becomes your business, you'll be the first to know.

2 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Well, you did make a blanket statement about the guy and his work. And I believe it was implied and understood that the posted video was focus of conversation in this thread. 

I am upset about the state of the Top 40 and I'm looking for answers. As I asked before, do you have any word style thoughts about the topic in the video you can express without attacking the OP?

When my ass becomes your business, you'll be the first to know.

I'm not going to give that douche any views. Where did I attack the OP again? I merely stated that I was surprised they would promote someone like him.

Did you get tired of trolling Strider or something? Am I your current victim? Time to crawl back into your hole for a couple more months mate. 

14 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

BTW in that case, you should be going after nemophilist, too. 

How? I directly said that I love the info and opinions within that video as well as all of his videos? I'll go another step further and say that I also appreciate his articles as well. I love hearing as well as learning the truth about the world we live in, apparently you can't handle it, probably because it's "offensive, hate speech" or some bull. Sure I can understand that he might come across as crass (personally I love that about him), but there isn't a single bit of info that was wrong within that video and it is both everything that I've known for years as well as everything that I have felt about the state of popular music since I've been mature enough to think critically and form opinions. If you like today's fake popular culture and music, good for you, no one is stopping you, but many of us don't and we can voice that opinion as crass or offensively as we want to, just like you can.

I mean what did you expect? You're on a Led Zeppelin forum, one of the most talented groups of musicians to ever assemble and by far one of if not the most unique and innovative. A group of guys that at the time despised singles and writing music just for the sake of mass acceptance and popularity. Music was truly an art form and expression for them, rather than a way to become a popular brand or to follow the latest gimmick. They set the standards by being unique and by making not just truly great and unique music, but by having one of the most diverse catalogs of music out there. As an example just look at Robert's band right now, totally outside of the realm of popular music from what I've heard.

6 hours ago, nemophilist said:

How? I directly said that I love the info and opinions within that video as well as all of his videos? I'll go another step further and say that I also appreciate his articles as well. I love hearing as well as learning the truth about the world we live in, apparently you can't handle it, probably because it's "offensive, hate speech" or some bull. Sure I can understand that he might come across as crass (personally I love that about him), but there isn't a single bit of info that was wrong within that video and it is both everything that I've known for years as well as everything that I have felt about the state of popular music since I've been mature enough to think critically and form opinions. If you like today's fake popular culture and music, good for you, no one is stopping you, but many of us don't and we can voice that opinion as crass or offensively as we want to, just like you can.

I mean what did you expect? You're on a Led Zeppelin forum, one of the most talented groups of musicians to ever assemble and by far one of if not the most unique and innovative. A group of guys that at the time despised singles and writing music just for the sake of mass acceptance and popularity. Music was truly an art form and expression for them, rather than a way to become a popular brand or to follow the latest gimmick. They set the standards by being unique and by making not just truly great and unique music, but by having one of the most diverse catalogs of music out there. As an example just look at Robert's band right now, totally outside of the realm of popular music from what I've heard.

You're making a lot of assumptions there noob, and you know what happens when you do that...

Breaking news, today's mainstream music sucks! :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

You're making a lot of assumptions there noob, and you know what happens when you do that...

Breaking news, today's mainstream music sucks! :rolleyes:

You might be right about that, you'd know better than me, I didn't really quite assume anything but I did make some generalities that you might not fit under.

Archived