THIN LIZZY: "Still Dangerous 1977 Tower Theatre":

Strider

The following news/press release was sent out by the Thin Lizzy - A Rock Legend website to various rock websites and radio stations:

Thin Lizzy – Still Dangerous

March 9

The independent website Thin Lizzy - A Rock Legend recently saw a huge increase in traffic anticipating the forthcoming release of 'Still Dangerous'.

The official press releases made this the most anticipated album in many years for the bands supporters, with promises of an album featuring the "raw, unadulterated, untouched sound of Thin Lizzy".

This read like a dream to Lizzy supporters especially given that the show intended for release was one of the legendary gigs from the Tower Theatre, Philadelphia in 1977. Many fans will know that those gigs were used as the backbone for Lizzy's classic album 'Live and Dangerous'. Finally this was the chance to quash all the tales of excessive overdubbing and re-recording.

However on first listening to 'Still Dangerous' fans were immediately struck by the lack of material, several expected tracks were missing and songs were clearly out of sequence.

Whilst not seeking to discourage people from buying what has to be an essential Lizzy album the members of Rock Legend voted overwhelmingly via a poll to express their desire to put the record straight regarding 'Still Dangerous'.

After painstakingly analysing the tracks and comparing them to the 'Live and Dangerous' album takes and the tracks recorded for The King Biscuit Flower Hour that feature on the Wolfgangs Vault website an astounding conclusion was reached.

Still Dangerous' actually features material from two different gigs recorded at the Tower Theatre in Philadelphia on the 20th and 21st of October 1977.

Below is a breakdown of the album track by track:

1. Soldier Of Fortune 21/10/77

2. Jailbreak 21/10/77

3. Cowboy Song 20/10/77 KBFH show. Same take as Live and Dangerous.

4. Boys Are Back In Town 20/10/77 KBFH show. Same take as Live and Dangerous

5. Dancing In The Moonlight 20/10/77 KBFH show. Sax solo cut at start and fix to start of guitar solo

6. Massacre 20/10/77 KBFH show. Same take as Live and Dangerous

7. Opium Trail 20/10/77 KBFH show. Same take as Killers Live EP

8. Don't Believe A Word 21/10/77

9. Baby Drives Me Crazy 21/10/77

10. Me And The Boys 21/10/77

Bonus tracks only available as download outside of Japan:

11. Bad Reputation 20/10/77 KBFH show. Drum solo heavily edited, Scott Gorham’s solo also edited. Same take as featured on the Killers Live EP

12. Emerald 21/10/77 Same take as Live and Dangerous

With promises of further releases from the archives it is hoped that Thin Lizzy Productions Ltd will take on board the issues raised over 'Still Dangerous'. There's real enthusiasm, passion and knowledge amongst Lizzy supporters, the opportunity to involve those supporters in future should not be overlooked.

We feel sure that Thin Lizzy Productions Ltd want to release albums to be proud of and that will stand the test of time, albums on a par with 'Live and Dangerous', albums that will continue the legacy of the rock legend that was Philip Lynott and his band Thin Lizzy. We want to help them achieve that aim.

Thin Lizzy - A Rock Legend www.thin-lizzy.info

What now follows are my own comments...when this cd release was first announced

I was through the roof excited as I count Thin Lizzy one of the great unsung bands of

the 70's...saw Thin Lizzy 4 times in the 70's and each time they rocked the house.

After reading the above info I felt a little disappointed that they just couldn't leave

well enough alone and release the whole show as is unedited.

But then, that's how I often feel whenever Jimmy puts out chopped and edited "official"

live Led Zeppelin stuff.

But hey, it's Thin Lizzy...I'll still get it as it is prime 1977 Lizzy and therefore is sure

to KICK ASS!

And if you're a young'un or a newb who has yet to get into Thin Lizzy, what the hell

are ya' waiting for?!? You're missing out on one of the primo rock pleasures of the

70's.

Where to start? Well, you can't go wrong with "Jailbreak"(1976) and then "Bad Reputation"

(1977). Also get their dvd "Live and Dangerous" from their 1977 show at London's

Rainbow Theatre.

God bless the late great Phil Lynott!

The following news/press release was sent out by the Thin Lizzy - A Rock Legend website to various rock websites and radio stations:

Thin Lizzy – Still Dangerous

March 9

The independent website Thin Lizzy - A Rock Legend recently saw a huge increase in traffic anticipating the forthcoming release of 'Still Dangerous'.

The official press releases made this the most anticipated album in many years for the bands supporters, with promises of an album featuring the "raw, unadulterated, untouched sound of Thin Lizzy".

This read like a dream to Lizzy supporters especially given that the show intended for release was one of the legendary gigs from the Tower Theatre, Philadelphia in 1977. Many fans will know that those gigs were used as the backbone for Lizzy's classic album 'Live and Dangerous'. Finally this was the chance to quash all the tales of excessive overdubbing and re-recording.

However on first listening to 'Still Dangerous' fans were immediately struck by the lack of material, several expected tracks were missing and songs were clearly out of sequence.

Whilst not seeking to discourage people from buying what has to be an essential Lizzy album the members of Rock Legend voted overwhelmingly via a poll to express their desire to put the record straight regarding 'Still Dangerous'.

After painstakingly analysing the tracks and comparing them to the 'Live and Dangerous' album takes and the tracks recorded for The King Biscuit Flower Hour that feature on the Wolfgangs Vault website an astounding conclusion was reached.

Still Dangerous' actually features material from two different gigs recorded at the Tower Theatre in Philadelphia on the 20th and 21st of October 1977.

Below is a breakdown of the album track by track:

1. Soldier Of Fortune 21/10/77

2. Jailbreak 21/10/77

3. Cowboy Song 20/10/77 KBFH show. Same take as Live and Dangerous.

4. Boys Are Back In Town 20/10/77 KBFH show. Same take as Live and Dangerous

5. Dancing In The Moonlight 20/10/77 KBFH show. Sax solo cut at start and fix to start of guitar solo

6. Massacre 20/10/77 KBFH show. Same take as Live and Dangerous

7. Opium Trail 20/10/77 KBFH show. Same take as Killers Live EP

8. Don't Believe A Word 21/10/77

9. Baby Drives Me Crazy 21/10/77

10. Me And The Boys 21/10/77

Bonus tracks only available as download outside of Japan:

11. Bad Reputation 20/10/77 KBFH show. Drum solo heavily edited, Scott Gorham’s solo also edited. Same take as featured on the Killers Live EP

12. Emerald 21/10/77 Same take as Live and Dangerous

With promises of further releases from the archives it is hoped that Thin Lizzy Productions Ltd will take on board the issues raised over 'Still Dangerous'. There's real enthusiasm, passion and knowledge amongst Lizzy supporters, the opportunity to involve those supporters in future should not be overlooked.

We feel sure that Thin Lizzy Productions Ltd want to release albums to be proud of and that will stand the test of time, albums on a par with 'Live and Dangerous', albums that will continue the legacy of the rock legend that was Philip Lynott and his band Thin Lizzy. We want to help them achieve that aim.

Thin Lizzy - A Rock Legend www.thin-lizzy.info

What now follows are my own comments...when this cd release was first announced

I was through the roof excited as I count Thin Lizzy one of the great unsung bands of

the 70's...saw Thin Lizzy 4 times in the 70's and each time they rocked the house.

After reading the above info I felt a little disappointed that they just couldn't leave

well enough alone and release the whole show as is unedited.

But then, that's how I often feel whenever Jimmy puts out chopped and edited "official"

live Led Zeppelin stuff.

But hey, it's Thin Lizzy...I'll still get it as it is prime 1977 Lizzy and therefore is sure

to KICK ASS!

And if you're a young'un or a newb who has yet to get into Thin Lizzy, what the hell

are ya' waiting for?!? You're missing out on one of the primo rock pleasures of the

70's.

Where to start? Well, you can't go wrong with "Jailbreak"(1976) and then "Bad Reputation"

(1977). Also get their dvd "Live and Dangerous" from their 1977 show at London's

Rainbow Theatre.

God bless the late great Phil Lynott!

How's it going "Strider?" I heard about this live 1977 concert on VH-1 Classic and I have every intention of buying the CD and DVD (If there is a DVD). R.I.P. Phil Lynott. LONG LIVE THIN LIZZY! ROCK ON!

It's going good ZFF! Thanks for asking.

But might I suggest you don't need to quote my whole post when you reply, especially

when you're the first one to reply...I'm sure people wil be able to figure out what you

are replying to, and this way you'll save bandwidth and will save other people from

having to scroll endlessly through your post just to get to your reply. :)

It's going good ZFF! Thanks for asking.

But might I suggest you don't need to quote my whole post when you reply, especially

when you're the first one to reply...I'm sure people wil be able to figure out what you

are replying to, and this way you'll save bandwidth and will save other people from

having to scroll endlessly through your post just to get to your reply. :)

How's it going "Strider?" I must confess, I am still learing how to use the forum. I always click the reply button. What do I do to not quote the whole post? Any assistance would be helpful and appreciated. ROCK ON!

Archived