How many Studio Songs?

rtyper

How many songs are there from LZ ?

I want to buy all.Should i buy all CD`s ? I only have LZ IV.

Or the Box 1 and 2,or the Complete Studio Recordings?

What should i do?? Are there more Songs on those Box Sets?

Greetings from Germany :)

Zeppelin 1 & 2 have 9 each that's 18

Zeppelin 3 has 10

8 from IV and HOH

That's 44

15 from Physical Graffiti that's 59

7 from Presence and ITTOD

That's 74

Coda had 8

That's 82

Add Hey Hey What Can I Do, Baby Come On Home, Traveling Riverside Blues, The Girl I Love..., and maybe a few other tracks I'm missing it's around 90 songs.

How many songs are there from LZ ?

I want to buy all.Should i buy all CD`s ? I only have LZ IV.

Or the Box 1 and 2,or the Complete Studio Recordings?

What should i do?? Are there more Songs on those Box Sets?

Greetings from Germany :)

Yes :D

To me Coda doesnt count and never will.

Hmmm... I have to take exception to this comment. Why does Coda not count, in your opinion? You've got a killer opener in We're Gonna Groove... then another Page alternate tuning with the acoustic, yet clever Poor Tom. A soundcheck version of I Can't Quit You Baby follows and is quite a nice compliment to the release on I and then they tear into Walter's Walk... a tribute to John Bonham.

Ozone Baby and Darlene are okay and Bonzo's Montreaux was an opportunity for Pagey to pay homage to Bonzo and the whole thing wraps up with an absolutely amazing Wearing & Tearing.

If nothing else We're Gonna Groove, Poor Tom, Walter's Walk and Wearing & Tearing make this an essential purchase. The four remaining tracks all have their moments but those four mentioned above are classic Zeppelin.

Overlook Coda if you so desire... but you're missing some amazing Zeppelin moments.

Hmmm... I have to take exception to this comment. Why does Coda not count, in your opinion? You've got a killer opener in We're Gonna Groove... then another Page alternate tuning with the acoustic, yet clever Poor Tom. A soundcheck version of I Can't Quit You Baby follows and is quite a nice compliment to the release on I and then they tear into Walter's Walk... a tribute to John Bonham.

Ozone Baby and Darlene are okay and Bonzo's Montreaux was an opportunity for Pagey to pay homage to Bonzo and the whole thing wraps up with an absolutely amazing Wearing & Tearing.

If nothing else We're Gonna Groove, Poor Tom, Walter's Walk and Wearing & Tearing make this an essential purchase. The four remaining tracks all have their moments but those four mentioned above are classic Zeppelin.

Overlook Coda if you so desire... but you're missing some amazing Zeppelin moments.

I totally agree with you. Coda is just as essential as the rest of the Zeppelin catalog. If you want further proof, just listen to Led Zeppelin Box Set 1 and 2 for awhile. ALL songs flow together nicely. You'll then see that these songs fit nicely with the other Zep stuff, so why would you exclude Coda on its own

There are 82 studio recordings and 3 released BBC studio tracks.

The Complete Studio Recordings contains the exact same material as the first 2 boxed sets, with some minor differences:

- the first boxed set contains a bonus remix of "Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreux"

- there are a few minor edits on the first 2 boxed sets (i.e., the intros to "Tangerine", "Immigrant Song" and "Black Mountain Side" are cut)

The only released studio recordings not available on the boxed sets are "The Girl I Love" and "Something Else", which were both recorded for the BBC (they're available on BBC Sessions).

Archived