Zep in the Pacific Northwest

ally

I have no Zeppelin story's. However I stay at the Edgewater every time Roberts in town and meet him every time. last time was September 25 2005. 25 years since Bonham died I was being my usual Robert freak waiting in the lobby for about 3 hours. Wait ,let me go back to the night before. I was strolling through the lobby and ran into him.I had a drawing of him off the back of Zep 3 that a friend did 15 yrs ago and wanted him to sign it. So I go up to him introduce myself, tell him I drove 300 miles to see him( I am from Spokane). So I told him I was nervous to meet him and he tells me " don't be nervous I am just Robert Plant". I tell him" I have something I want you to sign wait here I will be right back" so I run, and I mean run back to my room and its not there its in the car . So I run back down to the lobby and say "its in the car Ill be right back".He told me "go get it if I am not here when you get back i will be down here in the morning for sure". so the next morning I am there waiting and sure enough at about 10:30 he steps out of the elevator.He walks right over and signs my drawing and a tattoo on my leg(witch I had tattooed on when i got back home).Then he says "you know Bonzo died 25 years ago today". I felt like such a jack ass i hadn't remembered.So we start talking Bonham and some jack ass walks up and starts running his mouth and Robert says "well gentlemen I gotta go have a good day"I wanted to kill the fucker.I could tell he wanted to talk Bonham all morning long and that IDIOT was to much for him.So I went back to my room showered and went out for the afternoon. When I got back the lady at the counter said he hung out in the lobby for over an hour talking with them.She said he even mentioned the mud shark incident.I have met Robert 5 times and he is always totally cool, always a gentleman,always sincere and never arrogant.

Now my JPJ story.JPJ is playing in a club down by pike street, so i (being the zeppelin freak I am) show up to the club about 7 hours before the show. I am going up to the door and a guy is entering the club and he stops, like a proper gentleman hlds the door and says "you going in ?" I nod no and as the door is shutting i realize "shit thats John Paul Jones". So my wife and I hung out watched the show and after the show he came out and signed autographs for about an hour.I have a drawing of him off of Zep 3 and its got the best autograph ever on it now.

One more story. Page and Plant in Vancouver BC. My Wife and I show up to the show about 6 hours early.As we are walking around we notice a door with a wedge in it and crew members are running in and out. So in we go. We go in and sit down in the back of the arena and we watch the sound check for the orchestra playing with them that night.I have to go to the bathroom so I tell my wife I will be right back. I start wandering around looking for a bathroom and next thing I am back stage and Robert is walking right at me. I say hello shake his hand and say cant wait for the show.He says me too and off he goes.I run back and get my wife and we go back stage. we got in before security was there. As security shows up they pay no notice to the moron (me) in a Zeppelin shirt with binaculars around his neck.Being the freak I am i start drinking the pop and treats set up for the band. I walked out onto the stage and stood at Roberts mike and looked out into the arena.I was waiting for jimmy.But I had drank so much that I had to go to the bathroom and the only bathrooms were in Jimmy or Roberts dressing rooms and both had security by that time.So we went back out to the land of normal people went to the bathroom found our seats and watched the best concert I have ever seen. I have seen Robert 3 times and Page /Plant 5 times and this was the best show of em all Song remains the same and Hey Hy What Can I Do were the highlights

Archived