yardbirds and The Doors

kk so i love the yardbirds and the doors. and they came out around the same time. So did the doors or jim morrison ever meet like the yardbirds or even led zep cuz led zep came out in '68-'69 so its possible they could have met eachother or something? if so pictures could be nice :P \

thx :)

Also, Doors guitarist Robby Krieger has talked about how much he admires Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page and that he went to see The Yardbirds at a California show... Santa Monica IIRC, which I believe was Jimmy's first show as lead guitarist with the band.

Also, Doors guitarist Robby Krieger has talked about how much he admires Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page and that he went to see The Yardbirds at a California show... Santa Monica IIRC, which I believe was Jimmy's first show as lead guitarist with the band.

Jimmy performed twice in Santa Monica with The Yardbirds:

9/7/66 Civic Auditorium ("Summer at the Civic") (w/Page & Beck)

7/22/67 Shrine Exposition Hall (without Beck)

However, Jimmy initially took over as lead guitarist on 8/25/66 at the Carousel Ballroom in San Francisco because Jeff had collapsed earlier in the day and was not present.