Mystery: Robert Plant at Monmouth Rowing Club 1984

SteveAJones

A fan of Robert Plant insists he performed at the Monmouth Rowing Club in the Summer of 1984, and even sent along a photo purportedly taken at the gig. Apparently, Robert performed three or four numbers towards the end of a set.

Anyone in or around Monmouth who can shed any light on this as yet unconfirmed performance? I know Robert resided not far from there for many years in the 80s so this is entirely plausible.

A fan of Robert Plant insists he performed at the Monmouth Rowing Club in the Summer of 1984, and even sent along a photo purportedly taken at the gig. Apparently, Robert performed three or four numbers towards the end of a set.

Anyone in or around Monmouth who can shed any light on this as yet unconfirmed performance? I know Robert resided not far from there for many years in the 80s so this is entirely plausible.

i think you're right ill get back to you on tha one!

I can believe that because he recorded at some studios around there somewhere, can t remember the name.

Yeah, Rockfield Studios. The first few solo albums. Anyway, supposedly he showed up

at some festival thing and performed a set. Have never seen any mention in the press

but a photo from that era was provided. Monmouth Rowing Club in the Summer of '84 ?

Archived