Question about Jason Bonham & Foreigner

The last 2 times I saw Foreigner Jason was on the drums. I suppose musicians have contracts with bands. Does Jason's contract have a clause....In case the other members of Led Zeppelin call on me I am Outta Here!!!! Maybe a session drummer sits in for him with Foreigner. One last thing..What about on 12/10? Will Jason perform with Foreigner and Zeppelin?

The last 2 times I saw Foreigner Jason was on the drums. I suppose musicians have contracts with bands. Does Jason's contract have a clause....In case the other members of Led Zeppelin call on me I am Outta Here!!!! Maybe a session drummer sits in for him with Foreigner. One last thing..What about on 12/10? Will Jason perform with Foreigner and Zeppelin?

I don't know about his contract-but I have heard he will be pulling double duty on drums at the reunion show. I doubt Foreigner will play that many songs though, so he will save his energy for the Mighty Blimp.

Something that is really cool-Jason has gotten to play with 2 of his fav bands that he was influenced by in the last few years. UFO and now Foreigner. I have been following his career since his first recorded group-Airrace along with Virginia Wolf. I saw him live with his solo band in '92 and a then in '97 for a Tribute to his father and Led Zeppelin in a small club. It was great.

But his ultimate dream is gonna happen on December 10th when he gets to stage a full blown show with Led Zeppelin. Yes he played at Atlantic 40th Anniversary gig in 1988-but this is gonna dwarf that experience.

I have drummed myself for about 29 years and his father is my greatest influence. :D

Did you see his solo when he toured with Jimmy Page? I guess he was a bit younger at that point of his career, but the Drum Solo was hhhhmmmmm lacking. Jason stood center stage behind two tom toms and hit those some but the speakers had a Hell Raising Drum Solo pumping out. I am not sure who played that though.

Did you see his solo when he toured with Jimmy Page? I guess he was a bit younger at that point of his career, but the Drum Solo was hhhhmmmmm lacking. Jason stood center stage behind two tom toms and hit those some but the speakers had a Hell Raising Drum Solo pumping out. I am not sure who played that though.

Yes I also saw him with Jimmy Page on his Outrider tour in '88. He was younger then and it was the '80's -so he came out and did that solo out in front of stage-electronic sounding stuff. When I saw him the next 2 times in '92 and then in '97-it was miles ahead as far as style.

I am glad Jason is getting to drum for Led Zeppelin-he is the right person for the job. The one other person no one ever says could do the job and I know he can-would be Paul Thompson from Roxy Music. I have talked to Paul in emails- he got to meet all of Zep and fly on the Starship in '75. Bonham was his hero and he owns the maple '69-'70 Ludwig kit that Bonzo used in Led Zep.

Archived