The Stooges Make the Hall of Fame

Bong-Man

I don't really understand the RNR Hall of Fame, why do they induct rappers before Rush, Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, etc. It's fucked up. I don't even think rap belongs in there...they shouldn't call it the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame if they're gonna induct rappers...it's basically free game for any kind of music lol. Idk, it just baffles me.

Another good point. While I respect Run D.M.C. and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, and should definately be in a Rap Hall of Fame, they are not Rock, and therefore should not be in the RNR Hall of Fame. At least they didn't induct LL Cool J this go round and add another rap act.

Edited by Starbreaker

• 1 month later...

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100211/ENT04/2110306/1424/ENT04/Beau-coup-bonus-materials-with-The-Stooges---Raw-Power--rerelease

Beau-coup bonus materials with The Stooges' 'Raw Power' rerelease

Adam Graham / Detroit News Pop Music Writer

The Stooges' "Raw Power" is getting rawer and more powerful.

The Ann Arbor rock outfit's 1973 album is being rereleased in April in separate two- and four-disc editions. Both editions will contain heaps of bonus material, details of which were announced on Wednesday by Sony Legacy.

A double-disc "Legacy Edition" of the album, due April 13, will come packaged with a one-hour live CD, recorded in Atlanta in October 1973, as well as two previously unreleased studio tracks. The quadruple-disc "Deluxe Edition" includes everything that comes with the "Legacy Edition," as well as a CD of rarities taken from the "Raw Power" era and a DVD on the making of "Raw Power." It also includes a 48-page book and is packaged in a 7-inch square slipcase and will be released April 27.

The recording of "Raw Power" was rife with difficulties and the band broke up following its release. But appreciation for the eight-song, 34-minute album grew over the years, and was cited in Kurt Cobain's "Journals" as his favorite album of all-time. It was also included on Rolling Stone's list of the top 500 albums of all-time.

The Stooges, who will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next month, are planning to perform "Raw Power" in its entirety in concert this year.

agraham@detnews.com (313) 222-2284

• 4 weeks later...

Hello:

The person reading the news on GOOD MORNING AMERICA scrunched up her nose while she reported that Iggy Pop took his shirt off last eve when he got up to perform a tune at the HOF ceremony. She made a comment and I'm paraphrasing "He's 62 and he took his shirt off?". Her expression and tone made it seem like Iggy was some evil diseased glob from outer space...I was offended and I turned the tv off!!! The nerve of that GMA staff...

Iggy looks so hot...wow!!!!

Juliet :veryhot:

Hello:

The person reading the news on GOOD MORNING AMERICA scrunched up her nose while she reported that Iggy Pop took his shirt off last eve when he got up to perform a tune at the HOF ceremony. She made a comment and I'm paraphrasing "He's 62 and he took his shirt off?". Her expression and tone made it seem like Iggy was some evil diseased glob from outer space...I was offended and I turned the tv off!!! The nerve of that GMA staff...

Iggy looks so hot...wow!!!!

Juliet :veryhot:

I gotta say that Armstrong's line about Iggy being the most controversial singer we will ever know is about as spot on as one can get. I loved it during I Wanna Be Your Dog where Ig was out among the crowd and certain people look terrified. Hell, they should have seen him in his prime :lol: