The One That Got Away

badgeholder

C'mon, you musicians out there, you ALL have one of these stories, right? That instrument you should NEVER have sold, or that perfect guitar that got stolen or destroyed. The regrets! Let me hear 'em! Here's just one, off the top of my head. The funny thing is, I'm only an onlooker, it didn't happen to me. But there was this Les Paul guitar. A Gold Top. Don't remember the year (onlooker) but everyone who played it raved about how special it was. And yet I watched in horror as bass player A (DON'T DO IT!!) sold it to my brother B (KEEP IT!!)who then sold it to guitarist C (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, KEEP IT!!!!) who THEN sold it again. All for chump change, and every player in this sorry saga is full of remorse. What's you'r "D'OH!" story?

Speaking of SGs, my friend had one that he treated like a newborn baby. There was a car crash. Something went right through it, like a javelin. He was heartbroken.

My bass player was helping out once when I was between cars. He leaves the tailgate down on his truck, and lost a bass guitar and one of my tom-toms on the freeway.

Then there was the guy who sold a Martin accoustic for almost nothing.....etc, etc..

Archived