led Zep live in the 70's with Arabic Instruments

jonog

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a live performance sometime in the 70's (or very early 80's) with middle eastern instruments? I'm a Led Zep fan and so is my Dad and he saw this performance on TV in the early 80's and always talks about it so i want to try and get a copy for him (and me!) any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a live performance sometime in the 70's (or very early 80's) with middle eastern instruments? I'm a Led Zep fan and so is my Dad and he saw this performance on TV in the early 80's and always talks about it so i want to try and get a copy for him (and me!) any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I don't know of any performance Zep did using middle eastern instruments (they certainly experimented with Arabic rhythms) but in 1994 Robert and Jimmy did MTV's Unledded for television and they had an Egyptian orchestra as well as Moroccan musicians. Perhaps that's what your dad is thinking of?

I don't know of any performance Zep did using middle eastern instruments (they certainly experimented with Arabic rhythms) but in 1994 Robert and Jimmy did MTV's Unledded for television and they had an Egyptian orchestra as well as Moroccan musicians. Perhaps that's what your dad is thinking of?

thanks for the reply. it was definitely sometime before the 1980's.

Archived