Just some questions for all of you

nellgwen

Just a few questions for you. First I have a boxed set of all Led Zeppelin's albums I received as a Christmas present years ago. It has all their studio albums in it. It does not contain The Song Remains The Same but I have that on DVD and two copies of it on vinyl so that's fine with me. I can't imagine needing another collection. My question is what is the difference between all these boxed sets? Why do you guys need so many? Is it just to have to have it? Secondly I came here a while ago to see if any of you knew if the 02 reunion concert was going to be put out on DVD and went to a topic that said Led Zeppelin movie. I thought that's what the topic was about. But they were discussing the merits of a a movie about Led Zeppelin. Some people said It wouldn't be any good unless the guys were in it. Now my love of Led Zeppelin is beyond reproach but 60+ year old guys successfully playing 20 year olds, I believe is a bit beyond their capabilities. Rather than arguing this point it inspired me to write a short story. I have one chapter finished. I was wondering if you all would be interested in reading it? I must warn you yes it's all fiction in the truest sense and it doesn't turn them into cliches of themselves, in other words I believe it is fun without poking fun. I hope that makes sense. Also it doesn't turn members of their family into silly stupid people. Anyway let me know if you would be interested. I've showed this first chapter to some people including musicians and they seemed to enjoy it. Let me know, but I just don't understand about all these boxed sets what could possibly be the difference? Also when you want the sheet music to a song why don't you go to the web site that has sheet music to every song you ever wanted to play? I don't understand.

As far as the boxed sets go, Led Zeppelin The Definitive Collection (1990) and Led Zeppelin Remasters (1992) are essentially compilations Jimmy Page put together with George Marino. This was done in part because the label did

not use the original mastertapes when Led Zeppelin's back catalog was initially released on compact disc. So the point

was to upgrade the quality and put the music into a new running order. Tracks previously unreleased (except on bootlegs) were also included, and Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreux was combined by Jimmy into a single montage.

Led Zeppelin - The Complete Studio Recordings features all the studio albums remastered and presented with their

original cover art.

Early Days & Latter Days were both best of releases geared towards a new generation of listeners, but those titles have been phased out with the release of Mothership (2007).

There are no plans to release the 02 concert in any format.

As far as sheet music, some simply like to collect it, while others distrust website translations and prefer to get the original sheetmusic from the publisher.

As far as fiction, it's up to you if you share it with us in this forum or not. If you are looking for critiques, you'll never know unless you try.

As far as the boxed sets go, Led Zeppelin The Definitive Collection (1990) and Led Zeppelin Remasters (1992) are essentially compilations Jimmy Page put together with George Marino. This was done in part because the label did

not use the original mastertapes when Led Zeppelin's back catalog was initially released on compact disc. So the point

was to upgrade the quality and put the music into a new running order. Tracks previously unreleased (except on bootlegs) were also included, and Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreux was combined by Jimmy into a single montage.

Led Zeppelin - The Complete Studio Recordings features all the studio albums remastered and presented with their

original cover art.

Early Days & Latter Days were both best of releases geared towards a new generation of listeners, but those titles have been phased out with the release of Mothership (2007).

As far as sheet music, some simply like to collect it, while others distrust website translations and prefer to get the original sheetmusic from the publisher.

As far as fiction, it's up to you if you share it with us in this forum or not. If you are looking for critiques, you'll never know unless you try.

original cover art.

original cover art.

Steve I tried to leave you a thank you on your channel but I don't know if I did it right. So I'm doing it now here like this. So thank you for the information. Now I know I don't need to bother with another boxed set. I like all the songs in order of appearance. As for the sheet music, I have an official Led Zeppelin l guitar book. Somewhere in one of the songs it indicates to go to the 24th. fret. So you never know where you'll find a mistake. It all depends on who is transcribing it and for what audience. Classical or blues. Anyway thanks again.

Archived