Led Zeppelin Onstage

lzzoso

Okay. My question is this: Picture Led Zeppelin on stage. You (and Me) are in the front row. From what I have seen in almost every live Led Zeppelin photograph and video(s), John Paul Jones is always on stage left. From John Paul Jones' view looking into the "Ocean" he would be onstage right. Playing his bass or keyboards I always see him to the right of John Bonham. (By the way, Jimmy and Robert are usually all over the stage. Right, Left, Front and Back).

Am I wrong in my assumption? Anybody have any "Real" pictures or John Paul Jones in any other place on the stage than what I mentioned above. We all know that John Paul Jones was the consumate professional who carried himself with "dignity" and "class", and actually preferred to "stay in the shadows" and put down a nice, solid bass line.

Oh Boy, I wish I had a memory of seeing them live from the front row. :) But the vids do show him on the same side of the stage. I heard an interview with him a while back where he talked about being in the "shadows" on stage. He would start out more to the front of the stage and as the show progressed he would slowly move furthur back where he liked to have interaction with Bonzo.

Hello lzzoso,

I have never known JPJ do be on from the audience perpective- to be center left of stage. Thats why I always wanted that side of the stage. And Jimmy and Robert were all over the stage, so you could see them no matter what. And the view of Bonham was great as well:-)

Archived