Slash - Solo Album

Xtazy

Have any of you listened to the whole thing? You can find it all over YouTube if you didn't already.

My overall impression is very good, a strong album with strong material; there are certainly some songs that will get massive airplay and will soon become worldwide hits (see the Fergie one); it will probably be very successful as well considering all the guests Slash had, so the album will be bought by fans of Fergie to fans of Ozzy and Lemmy; Slash's guitar playing is pretty inspired, although his tone is not the same; and since I frequently check a popular Guns N' Roses forum, I couldn't help but notice the comparisons between this album and Chinese Democracy. IMO, Axl's songwriting is better, he really takes time to work on every little detail and create masterpieces, while Slash's material is more rocking, more straight-froward, it's the 'in your face' type. I guess only time will tell which one is better received by the public, by if I may have a wild guess, I'd say Slash!

Have any of you listened to the whole thing? You can find it all over YouTube if you didn't already.

My overall impression is very good, a strong album with strong material; there are certainly some songs that will get massive airplay and will soon become worldwide hits (see the Fergie one); it will probably be very successful as well considering all the guests Slash had, so the album will be bought by fans of Fergie to fans of Ozzy and Lemmy; Slash's guitar playing is pretty inspired, although his tone is not the same; and since I frequently check a popular Guns N' Roses forum, I couldn't help but notice the comparisons between this album and Chinese Democracy. IMO, Axl's songwriting is better, he really takes time to work on every little detail and create masterpieces, while Slash's material is more rocking, more straight-froward, it's the 'in your face' type. I guess only time will tell which one is better received by the public, by if I may have a wild guess, I'd say Slash!

You can hear the new tracks here: http://www.amazon.com/Slash/e/B000APVSRE/ref=ac_dpt_sa_link

As far as Axl, I think he is (was?) a great performer, singer, and writer, but too much of a control freak when it comes to producing.

It's rock 'n roll, Axl !! Go with the flow!!

A lot of stuff on Use Your Illusion is too overproduced for my taste. Listen to Knockin' on Heaven's Door from UYI, and compare it with the live version to see what I mean.

SLASH TV dates to watch (check local listings):

• Tuesday, April 6 – The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (NBC) - Andrew Stockdale from Wolfmother is rumored to be singing.

• Thursday, April 7 – Lopez Tonight with George Lopez (TBS) - Myles is gonna is rumored to be singing.

• Thursday, April 7 – Revolver Golden Gods ceremony from Hollywood (airs May 22 on Vh1)

• Friday, April 8 – Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (CBS)

SLASH TV dates to watch (check local listings):

• Tuesday, April 6 – The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (NBC) - Andrew Stockdale from Wolfmother is rumored to be singing.

• Thursday, April 7 – Lopez Tonight with George Lopez (TBS) - Myles is gonna is rumored to be singing.

• Thursday, April 7 – Revolver Golden Gods ceremony from Hollywood (airs May 22 on Vh1)

• Friday, April 8 – Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (CBS)

I think some of your days and dates are crossed up (Thursday is the 8th, Friday is the 9th), but I appreciate the info. LOL!

In addition, Slash will be performing at the Roxy in W Hollywood on Saturday, April 10: http://slash.ultimate-guitar.com/

Archived