Agile Guitars - As Good as the Hype?

Flanger

Hello All,

Was reading reviews for Agile guitars. Low cost (highest price about $700.00 US for stock items), Les Paul look a-likes available. Reviews I have read are outstanding. They have neck-thru guitars available also. Would love to own a neck-thru Les Paul like guitar.

Anyone here own/play one and what do you think?

Thanks.

Edit - They are an online company so I don't think there is an easy way to access a playable Agile that I know of - hence the post.

Hello All,

Was reading reviews for Agile guitars. Low cost (highest price about $700.00 US for stock items), Les Paul look a-likes available. Reviews I have read are outstanding. They have neck-thru guitars available also. Would love to own a neck-thru Les Paul like guitar.

Anyone here own/play one and what do you think?

Thanks.

Edit - They are an online company so I don't think there is an easy way to access a playable Agile that I know of - hence the post.

I never used one but, you can get a nice Epiphone for about that.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Tribute-Electric-Guitar-621058-i1472867.gc

As always, it's a good idea to go and try a bunch of guitars out before you buy one, these guitar's are some what hand made and will vary form one to the other. That's why I like to go to a big store as they will have more than one of the same model, or go to more than one store with limited stock.

Buying on the web is OK for stuff that come's out of a mass production factory but, a hand made (or semi-hand made) product that rely's on acoustic design? No, not a good idea.

You should join Agileguitarforum.com and paruse the threads about the different guitars and ask your questions there. The guys there will be more than happy to discuss the topic with you. My husband spends alot of time there. He has bought 2 guitars from RondoMusic.com and while they were not Agiles (Douglas and a SX) he has been very happy with them. Hubby says they have a great return policy if you are not happy. Very good customer service as far as I can tell.

• 1 month later...

Agile is one of the rebranded guitars made by World Music, most like from their Samick factories. Worth knowing since most of what comes from China and Korea is made Samick corp. Even though all that stuff is made by the same folks there are different construction specs so it's worth it to compare similar guitars spec to spec.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived