Led Zeppelin as an inspiration to a young aspiring musician

This post is directed to PlanetPage and justawoman, but everyone else, please chime in.

The lyrics are rebellious and pretty angry i guess. The riff that we made up before i even thought about lyrics was basically black sabbath inspired only because the amp was on metal setting while we were jamming and thought of it. but here it goes...

Helplessly growing up in the recessed nation,

Our unemployed parents,

Now work at the gas station,

While all the laid off teachers,

Now absent from our educations,

Whats wrong with these people,

The wealth of our generation,

Our lives are controlled by,

CEO's and Corporations,

Thier motivation is greed,

And cash their inspiration,

They dont care who they step on,

They want that second mansion,

Corruption on Wall Street,

Steals money from our wallets,

Selfish thieves dropped to their knees, --- (meaning the govt bank-bail-outs)

Prayed and recieved their forgiveness,

Yet still they will create any scheme,

Just to Increase their paychecks

Thats what i got so far, there is more to be said tho. The chorus, as of now, the middle part, I wrote in under ten minutes, it just came to me after I decided i wanted to write about all the selfish rich motherfuckers who dont give a shit what happens to anyone but themselves. and the other parts I wrote in first period govt the next day.

...you can always share you songs in the Other Bands with us, we would love to see your completed creativity as much as we enjoy your views here...

Hey Mrs. Zeppelin, i like that name haha

Our generations music, especially mine, as in songs that are considered "hits" today, is just ridiculous. I heard a song last night that went to the tune of eeenie meenie miney mo catch a tiger by the toe, and he actually says that in the song except Jackie instead of tiger. It just goes to show how the only reason music is made today is to make money, they will put anything on the radio.

And you couldnt be more correct about the Journey. Every single zep song is a journey in itself. But I just wish i could explain to you how literally that statement applies to me. I was on the greatest Journey of my life so far while I wrote this post...If ya know what i mean wink.gif haha

Also, I dont know your story, I would love it if you enlightened me, Thanks!!

P.S. TCV is awesome. Its insane how at his age Jones can still inspire a mosh pit

Thank you ;)

I know!! The music industry today is pitiful! It's all crap...it's pathetic!! Can people seriously not come up with anything? (I could rant all day, so I'm going to comtrol myself and stop now) :rant:

Haha I think I know what you mean... ;)

But it's true, ain't it? Theres really no other way to describe it, this...experience...

I've been through so much and done all kinds of shit... All Because of Zeppelin.. :)

Oh, it's not really that exciting...

My uncle gave my Mom "Early Days & Latter Days" when I was about 11, and I got hooked.But, it wasn't until a year later under provocative circumstances that I became an addict...

I saw the 1970 Royal Albert Hall performances on vh1 calssic one night. And I fell in love. It was a whole new experience, a whole new feeling, once I saw them in action.

And, to top it all off, the O2 Reunuin had just been announced, so the whole world had Zeppelinmania; which just fed my growing obsession.

There was never any turning back ;)

PS: Yes!!! TCV is amazing! And Jonesy STILL kicks major ass!

:peace:

Thank you wink.gif

I know!! The music industry today is pitiful! It's all crap...it's pathetic!! Can people seriously not come up with anything? (I could rant all day, so I'm going to comtrol myself and stop now) rant.gif

Haha I think I know what you mean... wink.gif

But it's true, ain't it? Theres really no other way to describe it, this...experience...

I've been through so much and done all kinds of shit... All Because of Zeppelin.. smile.gif

Oh, it's not really that exciting...

My uncle gave my Mom "Early Days & Latter Days" when I was about 11, and I got hooked.But, it wasn't until a year later under provocative circumstances that I became an addict...

I saw the 1970 Royal Albert Hall performances on vh1 calssic one night. And I fell in love. It was a whole new experience, a whole new feeling, once I saw them in action.

And, to top it all off, the O2 Reunuin had just been announced, so the whole world had Zeppelinmania; which just fed my growing obsession.

There was never any turning back wink.gif

PS: Yes!!! TCV is amazing! And Jonesy STILL kicks major ass!

peace.gif

Im glad you know what I meant haha

But Im a little confused here. So your like my age?

Im glad you know what I meant haha

But Im a little confused here. So your like my age?

Well, almost ;)

Goin' on 16

Thats why I can agree with "our generation" (I personally have detatched myself from it & all this bullshit. I dont really consider it "my" generation.) having shitty music.

:D

PS- I love leeching stories off The Veterans too

Well, almost wink.gif

Goin' on 16

Thats why I can agree with "our generation" (I personally have detatched myself from it & all this bullshit. I dont really consider it "my" generation.) having shitty music.

biggrin.gif

PS- I love leeching stories off The Veterans too

ha yea, I am utterly fascinated by the 70s

And coming on here was probly the best thing ever, cuz besides my 3 other friends that listen to zeppelin with me, I dont relate to anyone else at my school really. All they talk about is lil wayne.

I just smoke my stuff, sit back, break out the air guitar, and let the zeppelin take me away

ha yea, I am utterly fascinated by the 70s

And coming on here was probly the best thing ever, cuz besides my 3 other friends that listen to zeppelin with me, I dont relate to anyone else at my school really. All they talk about is lil wayne.

I just smoke my stuff, sit back, break out the air guitar, and let the zeppelin take me away

Amen to that brother! :beer:

The 70's were the best time. Ever. In History.

Yeah, I totally know the feeling. I have like 2 friends that I can have an intelligent Zeppelin conversation with.

Dont you hate when people are like "Oh do you know that song by (fill in blank)..." And it's some stupid rap shit? I HATE THAT!!

I'm in a Zeppelin hoodie, do you think I know anything by Kayne West?

People are such dumbasses... :slapface:

Amen to that brother! beer.gif

The 70's were the best time. Ever. In History.

Yeah, I totally know the feeling. I have like 2 friends that I can have an intelligent Zeppelin conversation with.

Dont you hate when people are like "Oh do you know that song by (fill in blank)..." And it's some stupid rap shit? I HATE THAT!!

I'm in a Zeppelin hoodie, do you think I know anything by Kayne West?

People are such dumbasses... slapface.gif

haha yea nothin worse than bein in a car with a bunch of ppl rappin a song youve never even heard before. I just feel out of place sometime, like i belong in the 70s

Archived