I don't get the Lady Gaga hype!

Wolfman

Madonna lip synchs in concert. I can't take any "artist" seriously that does that. When I go to a live show I'm not paying to see someone not sing, I am paying to see an actual live performance.

I've seen Madonna live more than a few times, and she sings. Sometimes she sings poorly because she's dancing at the same time, but she sings. There are some songs where it's clear she's taking advantage of a backing track to augment the live vocal so it doesn't sound so rough, but she's still singing. I remember on the Reinvention Tour back in 2004, some of the people around me were commenting on how she sounded out of breath in some spots, but I'd rather someone say that than "gee, that sounds just like the album".

For the ballads/songs that don't require dancing, I thought her vocals were rather good, considering she was nearly 50 at the time.

Other than seeing her name on the inet I knew nothing about her until I took the time to read this thread. Not sure why anyone would find what see does offensive, some of that was actually pretty catchy. Kind of tough to find out exactly what she is trying to say with her music though because it isn't really one thing or the other. I'm sure those that are narrow minded will disagree but she kind of has a glam quality to her, not just looks, some of those piano tunes aren't that far away from something like Mott The Hoople's Sea Diver. If I have a gripe, and I don't, is some of the presentation seems a bit forced. One thing is for sure, other than being female I can't see or hear any Madonna similarities. She's more like a pop version of Marilyn Manson on an Elton John jag to me. Too bad she's already so famous, with a little direction she could probably do some pretty cool stuff.

Archived