The Pressure

I play drums myself and playing a gig in a local boozer makes me nervous from time to time.

I was thinking about what Jason must be going through before this.

He has the greatest rock drummer ever as his dad and he knows this is his big chance to go out and not only make a name for himself (he's done that already) but win over millions of Zep fans the world over. Foreigner are ok but this is massive.

How will he play it?

The other three know that Jason knows all the bootlegs inside out. Will he try and play "The Song Remains The Same" like his dad did at the LA Forum 21.07.77 as that night John was on fire. Willl he be copying parts from all over the place or will he play it safe to a certain degree like Michael Lee did with Page & Plant?

I hope he gets it right somewhere in between.

As for the others.

I think Plant will be fine so long as he remembers which verses go where and no-one pisses him off.

John Paul Jones for me will be the steadiest out of all of them. Watch him on you tube playing "Going To California" with a mate of his and he is brilliant on the mandolin and still got it.

Jason I've spoken about.

The one worry for me is Page.

I've seen him live twice and he was fantastic and not so fantastic.

I feel if he can get the first few numbers under his belt and the confidence grows he'll be amazing.

If he fluffs a few bits then who knows. Remember "Heartbreaker" from the 88 reunion??

Anyway I'm not there tomorrow night but for all those going it will be special. Enjoy it as this has a very good chance of being the last appearance.

However, I am praying that they have a great show and more importantly (for Plant anyway) he feels he can maybe return to Zep from time to time at his pace and not when us the fans demand.

I think he'd be up for maybe two or three big festivals each year and that would suit me.

It has to be special for him to do it and with John Bonham not being there it's going to be hard to convince him to play on.

Here's hoping!!

I play drums myself and playing a gig in a local boozer makes me nervous from time to time.

I was thinking about what Jason must be going through before this.

He has the greatest rock drummer ever as his dad and he knows this is his big chance to go out and not only make a name for himself (he's done that already) but win over millions of Zep fans the world over. Foreigner are ok but this is massive.

How will he play it?

The other three know that Jason knows all the bootlegs inside out. Will he try and play "The Song Remains The Same" like his dad did at the LA Forum 21.07.77 as that night John was on fire. Willl he be copying parts from all over the place or will he play it safe to a certain degree like Michael Lee did with Page & Plant?

I hope he gets it right somewhere in between.

As for the others.

Dont worry about Jimmy. He is the true genius and battle tested veteran. I worry more about Roberts voice. I have never heard Jason play the drums. anyone out there that can say how good they think he is. there will never be anyone as good as his father-no way.

I think Plant will be fine so long as he remembers which verses go where and no-one pisses him off.

John Paul Jones for me will be the steadiest out of all of them. Watch him on you tube playing "Going To California" with a mate of his and he is brilliant on the mandolin and still got it.

Jason I've spoken about.

The one worry for me is Page.

I've seen him live twice and he was fantastic and not so fantastic.

I feel if he can get the first few numbers under his belt and the confidence grows he'll be amazing.

If he fluffs a few bits then who knows. Remember "Heartbreaker" from the 88 reunion??

Anyway I'm not there tomorrow night but for all those going it will be special. Enjoy it as this has a very good chance of being the last appearance.

However, I am praying that they have a great show and more importantly (for Plant anyway) he feels he can maybe return to Zep from time to time at his pace and not when us the fans demand.

I think he'd be up for maybe two or three big festivals each year and that would suit me.

It has to be special for him to do it and with John Bonham not being there it's going to be hard to convince him to play on.

Here's hoping!!

Archived