new here and boasting

codyman70

Hi.I just found this site and I thought I would let you all know I was in jimmy page's house in the dores,loch ness.

Hi 'Codyman70',

Welcome to the site - hope you enjoy it. What you say about Boleskine is interesting. Would you possibly share with us here how you came to get inside the house. Were you a friend of the factor, Malcolm Dent? Did you ever get to meet Jimmy?

When I was as school, us kids were taken on a geography field trip to a place called Lagganlia. This was December 1974. I asked the poor soul who was being paid to drive us around if he knew anything about Jimmy, and all he could say was that Jimmy was 'very popular with the local women'!!!

Hi 'Codyman70',I met jimmy in a little pub in inverness over twenty years ago.we were drinking together and talking about music.I never knew how much he liked a drink.he loves his single malt whiskys though.we both got pished and he invited me home for a jam.I couldn't believe jimmy page wanted to jam with me.we got there and as I liked crowley I was asking about the ghost stories,he said they were all nonsense,but I asked if I could see the basement he said fine,I went down a small narrow staircase with a wrought iron bannister to a tiny little basement about 10 ft by 4 ft.I was slightly dissapointed,but went back upstairs,he opened a new bottle we had a couple of halfs then he got his guitars out and I tried not to emvbarress my self jamming wiyh one of my gods.he told me not to be nervous and said I was doing fine.I think he was being nice to tell you the truth.but it was the greatest night of my life.

Welcome to the site - hope you enjoy it. What you say about Boleskine is interesting. Would you possibly share with us here how you came to get inside the house. Were you a friend of the factor, Malcolm Dent? Did you ever get to meet Jimmy?

When I was as school, us kids were taken on a geography field trip to a place called Lagganlia. This was December 1974. I asked the poor soul who was being paid to drive us around if he knew anything about Jimmy, and all he could say was that Jimmy was 'very popular with the local women'!!!

Welcome to the forum! :) Hope you like the site--I know I do. :P

By the way, you're SO LUCKY!!!! :D Did you meet him? Did you get to see his guitars? Did you get to touch the guitars? Did you get to play the guitars? Are you a Led Zeppelin fan, or just Pagey in general? How did you even get in to the house? What's it like on the outside? What's it like on the inside? How many rooms/floors are there? Is there a lot of stuff in there? Did you get to tour the house?

I'm very inquisitive. Ha ha ha! I'm just joking about all that, you don't have to answer all of them (but a few would be nice :)). Also, nice collection of guitars! I'm saving up for my own Telecaster right now--I'm getting there, slowly but surely. Ha ha ha! :)

Later!

Your (inquisitive) fellow Zep Head,

Alexa :D

Firsly I'm a zeppelin fan.I think they're the greatest band anywhere ever.my girlfriend at the time drove us to the house.you go through two big iron gates at the front of the property.there's a little caretakers house at the front gate.you go up the drive to the house.it was a white house on the outside.it has one florr but with two attic rooms you get to by small winding staircases.his house was pretty sparse,but he had a grand piano in the main room.I played with one of his les pauls on a marshall head and one 4 x 12 cabinet he played some kind of fender(ithink) with a single pick up.I don't know what kind as I've never seen one before or again.I hope this helps your curiosity.

Firsly I'm a zeppelin fan.I think they're the greatest band anywhere ever.my girlfriend at the time drove us to the house.you go through two big iron gates at the front of the property.there's a little caretakers house at the front gate.you go up the drive to the house.it was a white house on the outside.it has one florr but with two attic rooms you get to by small winding staircases.his house was pretty sparse,but he had a grand piano in the main room.I played with one of his les pauls on a marshall head and one 4 x 12 cabinet he played some kind of fender(ithink) with a single pick up.I don't know what kind as I've never seen one before or again.I hope this helps your curiosity.

Codyman,

Was he at Boleskine on his own? From the mid-80's onward, he was married. Did he not mention his wife and son, James? Did your girlfriend go into the house with you?

Here is a link to an article featuring Jimmy's former caretaker at Boleskine, Malcolm Dent:-

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/1327/A_rock_legend_and_black_arts_figured_in_Malcolm_s_life.html

Archived