The News Is...Hey, why no news?!?

LedLass

Every once in a while I do a Google search on Jimmy Page, and all I ever come up with is stale, outdated, crap. I check in at this site occasionally too, and there is simply nothing new on any of the member of this former band (I admit that at this point I'm interested in Jimmy almost exclusively).

Does anyone here have a link to a U.K. news site(s) that might provide real information on what Jimmy's really up to these days (other than his book -- I've read about that ad nauseum on THIS site). Hell, does anyone here have a link to the man himself? I mean is there a journalist who contributes here from time to time or is this just some fan site? If the answer is the latter, I probably won't be checking in here anymore -- I prefer to worship in private.

Peace,

Lass

Every once in a while I do a Google search on Jimmy Page, and all I ever come up with is stale, outdated, crap. I check in at this site occasionally too, and there is simply nothing new on any of the member of this former band (I admit that at this point I'm interested in Jimmy almost exclusively).

Does anyone here have a link to a U.K. news site(s) that might provide real information on what Jimmy's really up to these days (other than his book -- I've read about that ad nauseum on THIS site). Hell, does anyone here have a link to the man himself? I mean is there a journalist who contributes here from time to time or is this just some fan site? If the answer is the latter, I probably won't be checking in here anymore -- I prefer to worship in private.

Peace,

Lass

Your post presumes journalists have their finger on the pulse and that Jimmy is up to anything newsworthy at the moment, but aside from delays with Genesis Publications distribution of his book and delays with Rinowa's launch of his guitar logo cases that's simply not the case.

I can tell you if significant news does break concerning Jimmy (or the others) you are more likely to see it appear in this - the official forum - first (or on one of the unofficial sites/mailing lists) before it appears in a Google search, UK news link, etc.

Here's just one example (among many):

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/9558-jimmy-considering-rock-hall-of-fame-event/page__hl__hall+of+fame

Edited by SteveAJones

Perhaps you'd be wise to check the News section of the forum. Only three threads from the top is what I'd consider some pretty significant news, particularly if it's Page you're "almost exclusively" interested in. By that, I don't necessarily mean the honor that It Might Get Loud has received from Mojo magazine but confirmation from the man himself in regards to his next solo album. Of course, that still doesn't mean we'll actually see it in 2011 but one can hope.

I can't access JimmyPage.com, has anyone else tried to open the site without success?

As Jahfin said it was noted in another thread that his site would be up and running in the New Year so perhaps it is only a matter of a few days until all will be revealed.

I can't access JimmyPage.com, has anyone else tried to open the site without success?

As Jahfin said it was noted in another thread that his site would be up and running in the New Year so perhaps it is only a matter of a few days until all will be revealed.

Try This.

http://www.jimmypage.co.uk/index.htm

Nevermind. Its the unofficial site. It sure looked like the the one that was under construction before.

Edited by ledzepfvr

Perhaps you'd be wise to check the News section of the forum. Only three threads from the top is what I'd consider some pretty significant news, particularly if it's Page you're "almost exclusively" interested in. By that, I don't necessarily mean the honor that It Might Get Loud has received from Mojo magazine but confirmation from the man himself in regards to his next solo album. Of course, that still doesn't mean we'll actually see it in 2011 but one can hope.

New music from Page in 2011 -- Now that IS news.

Hmm, that frustrated feeling I had is starting to go away...and for the life of me I can't think of anything else snarky to say.

Thanks!

(I tried posting this before and got an error message; so sorry for the duplication, if any.)

New music from Page in 2011? Now that IS news!

Hmm...that frustrated feeling I had is starting to go away, and for the life of me I can't think of anything snarky to say.

Thanks!

Your post presumes journalists have their finger on the pulse and that Jimmy is up to anything newsworthy at the moment, but aside from delays with Genesis Publications distribution of his book and delays with Rinowa's launch of his guitar logo cases that's simply not the case.

I can tell you if significant news does break concerning Jimmy (or the others) you are more likely to see it appear in this - the official forum - first (or on one of the unofficial sites/mailing lists) before it appears in a Google search, UK news link, etc.

Here's just one example (among many):

http://forums.ledzep...l__hall+of+fame

Dude, you linked me to an article written in 2009.

Jimmy's not doing much at the moment. I'm not sure what you want us to do exactly. When there's news about any of them, even Jason, it gets posted here before it shows up anywhere else. Until they do something that is newsworthy and/or gets posted here, well.......we talk about other stuff in other threads, in other parts of the site.

BTW, Steve was giving you an example of a news story that ended up here before it showed up anywhere else, as an indication of how we're often the first to discuss news about the band before aggregate news sites get a hold of it. The date of the thread is irrelevant.