New to a great looking forum!

Ace5150

Hello, thought I'd say hello and to say what a great looking forum this is!

Noticed this seems a very friendly place, unlike some forums out there that are guarded and cold towards new members, but this looks a higher standard than others out there.

OK, Zep? Was never a fan to start with, I grew up on UK punk rock that detested the 'dinosaurs of arena rock', but I think that was aimed at YES and ELP, However, when the NWOBHM kicked in, I started to warm to some of the bands and everyone said 'you should try Led Zep!!'

I was suprised that I knew a few of their songs other than 'Whole Lotta Love' and 'Black Dog', and when an older mate compiled me a cassette that included some classics like Trampled Underfoot and Immigrant song, I have to admit to really liking them, HOWEVER, a cinema where I lived showed the 'Song Remains The Same' in 1981 with full sensurround sound on a giant screen, and I had the misfortune to sit by a few 'die-hards' that sang along with every song as it was played, THAT coupled with some indulgent fantasy sequences put me off for a few years!

Fast Forward to the DVD age, and I won the double DVD of Led Zep and played it, not expecting 'that much', but it blew me away, even if the continuity of the Knebworth show is 'iffy'

I'm now sold on them again, particually Jimmy Page who always comes across as both decent and genuine............and I LOVED him in 'It Might Get Loud' where he wiped the smirk from The Edge's face when he played 'THAT' riff hahaha. Oh, and Bonham as well, he looked like the kind of bloke that would have a pint and a chat at his local pub with no airs or graces about him.

Never seen them live, but did see Robert Plant a few times at Wolverhampton Wanderers FC when I used to work their on match days, he always seemed a decent bloke as well

Looking forward to reading some intresting posts and hopefully make a few contributions myself......but go easy on me, I'm a novice fan and not a die-hard like many here.......I'll try my best to keep up!

Hi Ace,

I'm missy and I'm new to the site as well. Welcome aboard! :wave:

Everybody is quite nice and also helpful if you have questions. What I enjoy here on the site is that there is so much information provided. More than you could get in 100 Led Zeppelin books!

I hope you post some topics about the UK punk scene. That sounds very interesting to me. Never could figure the popularity of it at it's peak. By the way, I'm a big Yes fan :o in addition to Led Zeppelin but we can still be pals, right?

See you around the boards. :) missy

Hello, thought I'd say hello and to say what a great looking forum this is!

Noticed this seems a very friendly place, unlike some forums out there that are guarded and cold towards new members, but this looks a higher standard than others out there.

OK, Zep? Was never a fan to start with, I grew up on UK punk rock that detested the 'dinosaurs of arena rock', but I think that was aimed at YES and ELP, However, when the NWOBHM kicked in, I started to warm to some of the bands and everyone said 'you should try Led Zep!!'

I was suprised that I knew a few of their songs other than 'Whole Lotta Love' and 'Black Dog', and when an older mate compiled me a cassette that included some classics like Trampled Underfoot and Immigrant song, I have to admit to really liking them, HOWEVER, a cinema where I lived showed the 'Song Remains The Same' in 1981 with full sensurround sound on a giant screen, and I had the misfortune to sit by a few 'die-hards' that sang along with every song as it was played, THAT coupled with some indulgent fantasy sequences put me off for a few years!

Fast Forward to the DVD age, and I won the double DVD of Led Zep and played it, not expecting 'that much', but it blew me away, even if the continuity of the Knebworth show is 'iffy'

I'm now sold on them again, particually Jimmy Page who always comes across as both decent and genuine............and I LOVED him in 'It Might Get Loud' where he wiped the smirk from The Edge's face when he played 'THAT' riff hahaha. Oh, and Bonham as well, he looked like the kind of bloke that would have a pint and a chat at his local pub with no airs or graces about him.

Never seen them live, but did see Robert Plant a few times at Wolverhampton Wanderers FC when I used to work their on match days, he always seemed a decent bloke as well

Looking forward to reading some intresting posts and hopefully make a few contributions myself......but go easy on me, I'm a novice fan and not a die-hard like many here.......I'll try my best to keep up!

Welcome to the world of Zeppelin :)

Welcome to the forum Ace. It is a friendly and informative place here with some nice folk. But be warned, people can become a bit passionate on their points of discussion. :whistling:

Glad you finally climbed aboard the Zeppelin mothership.

Hey fans!!! I am a 39 year old Puerto Rican born and raised in the Inner City of Chicago and also studied and lived for many years in Puerto Rico. I am new here but not new to the band, While growing up in Chicago I came to know LED ZEPPELIN from, believe it or not, some guys from EL SALVADOR, I know! What he hell?, anyhow I remember when I was about 11 that they listened to this contagious band that had a sound unlike anything I've heard. It has been many years since then but I have never forgotten those days. This band has influences that I believe they never thought they would have. I can say I've had them in my life forever and will forever love LED ZEPPELIN.. I know I sound green but fuck it I love the legacy and memories I share with this group. I want to know more........tell me more please......

Hello and Welcome to all of the "new" members!

There is a wealth of info on this site but you may have to do a bit of digging to find it.

Don't be afraid to jump in on some of the discussions on here.

:welcome2:

Agree with that and also keep posting, we need to get this forum going again, give it some oomph and liven it up :)

Archived