Metall till today

Tea for Tanja

I am new in here and just like to know, if there are people who listen to metall bands of the postzeppelin time ?

There are lots of styles and bands and Zeppelin is the father of them in a way.But trash-metall seems to be diffrent because

you find mostly topics of the old Sabbaths ,Mötorhead and so on.

I like heavy metal most of which falls under what gets the stoner/doom tags. Don't listen to much thrash or other stuff like death metal. Some favorite bands include other than Sabbath and Motorhead of course Black Pyramid, Sleep, Earthride, Pentagram, Saint Vitus, Obsessed, Trouble, Witch, Witchfinder General, etc good stuff.

I used to listen to metal before I ever heard of Led Zeppelin (like back in the eighties) and some of these bands are still nice to listen to, depending on my moodswing.

Zep just opened up doors to other categories of music, be it old music that influenced them or weird world music because the vibes that reflect in Zeppelin's music. for instance I bought a world music magazine called "Songlines" which had a free cd with it with an assortiment of world music put together by Robert Plant. That's how I discovered Tinariwen, a band from Mali with really hypnotic music (who were actually produced by Justin Adams from the Strange Sensation).

Listening to just one genre of music would easily bore me very soon, so I try to discover as much as possible, there are so many amazing things we never heard on MTV, ya know.

Zep just opened up doors to other categories of music, be it old music that influenced them or weird world music because the vibes that reflect in Zeppelin's music. for instance I bought a world music magazine called "Songlines" which had a free cd with it with an assortiment of world music put together by Robert Plant. That's how I discovered Tinariwen, a band from Mali with really hypnotic music (who were actually produced by Justin Adams from the Strange Sensation).

I love Tinariwen. Do you have a list of those other songs?

@ Jahfin

The complete playlist assembled by Robert:

Rachid Taha - Barra Barra

Mahmoud Ahmed - Almaz Med Eda New

Oumou Sangare - Saa Magni

Najat Aatabou - Shouffi Rhirou

Tinariwen - Cler Achel

@ Tanja

Momentarily right here right now I am listening to these Swiss monsters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSnXCa7hfRU&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-3-HM

I used to love Celtic Frost, since they were so immensily heavy, and due to the fact that their singer was able to build up an entire career singing "UGHH", this band is the new project by that singer, and a good way to piss off the neighbors or so....

Archived