Toilets For Robert?

OutriderX

How many believe this story to be accurate? The tale of Robert running up an down the aisle of a plane shouting "Toilets! Toilets for Robert! Wheres the toilet? Robert needs a toilet! Toilets!" And no... Im not making this up, its been written about it a few different books.

How many believe this story to be accurate? The tale of Robert running up an down the aisle of a plane shouting "Toilets! Toilets for Robert! Wheres the toilet? Robert needs a toilet! Toilets!" And no... Im not making this up, its been written about it a few different books.

On my last flight to Chicago - American Airlines - they told us to use the bathroom before we boarded because the toliets were dysfunctional. The plane was overbooked with about a dozen standby passengers, and still nobody wanted to give up their seat. I would have given mine up gladly if I wouldn't have had to catch a flight connection afterwards.

When the toliets aren't working anymore, can you really trust the rest of the aircrapft? :unsure:

Check it out

Should U.S. Put the Brakes on Nuclear Power-you-decide

The Amish and NukeFree.org would probably say yes

but

Bob Geldorf would say no ... I guess ... :coffee:

Bob Geldof calls for more nuclear power

Published December 13, 2007 09:07 AM

Bob Geldof calls for more nuclear power

RELATED ARTICLESU.N. climate panel chief hopes for Bali timetable

December 14, 2007 01:20 AMOPEC Must Tackle Climate Change: U.N. Official

November 15, 2007 09:20 AMUK Power Giants Fail to Show Leadership on Climate Change

September 28, 2007 09:33 AMW.House voices concerns on future climate talks

December 15, 2007 02:04 PM

LONDON (Reuters) - Anti-poverty campaigner Bob Geldof joined the global warming debate on Thursday with a call for the rapid expansion of nuclear power, describing renewable energy as a "Mickey Mouse" answer to the climate crisis.

The Irish former rock star, known for his campaigning on poverty relief in Africa, was writing on a blog set up by carmaker Lexus to promote hybrid road vehicles.

"The reality is that we need to do much more than change the type of car we drive to make an impact on climate change. In the UK, we'll soon have to scramble for more nuclear power," Geldof wrote.

"On this issue, I don't care what anyone says: we're going to go with it, big-time. We may mess around with wind and waves and other renewable energy sources, trying to make them sustainable, but they're not. They're Mickey Mouse," he added.

The comments are unlikely to endear him to the environmental lobby which condemns nuclear power as dirty, dangerous and expensive.

For its part the nuclear power industry says it is at least part of the answer to global warming caused by emissions of carbon gases from burning fossil fuels for power and transport.

United Nations environment ministers meeting in Indonesia are split over the guidelines for starting two years of formal negotiations on a deal to succeed the Kyoto Protocol, a U.N. pact capping greenhouse gas emissions of all industrial nations except the United States until 2012."

Check it out

Should U.S. Put the Brakes on Nuclear Power-you-decide

The Amish and NukeFree.org would probably say yes

but

Bob Geldorf would say no ... I guess ... :coffee:

... and apparently he'd have most everybody on his side ... :wtf:

Click "View Results" to see Poll results

"Should the U.S. impose a moratorium on new nuclear reactors?

Yes. The risks of nuclear power are too great. 9.65%

No. Today's technology would keep us safe. 79.95%

Maybe. I want to see America independent of foreign oil but I am worried about a nuclear disaster. 9.02%

Other (post a comment). 1.38%

Total Votes: 140,886"

Archived