1951 Precision Bass

zepps_apprentice

I'm planning to buy my 3rd bass, a Squier '50s Precision Bass. Doing a little more research I found that the original bridge to the original '51 bass had 2 saddles, unlike this bass, and you fed the string through the back of the bass. Would that little difference make a difference in sound. And could I somehow make the Squier like that?

I strongly suggest that you invest in a bit more quality product, because Squiers just dont get that good sound that real Fender basses usually get. Granted, changing some of its components will improve the sound but obviously you can't change the wood its made of out or things like that. smile.gif

I strongly suggest that you invest in a bit more quality product, because Squiers just dont get that good sound that real Fender basses usually get. Granted, changing some of its components will improve the sound but obviously you can't change the wood its made of out or things like that. smile.gif

Haha, true. But the only Fender made Telecaster bass is a Japan made one, that goes for around $1,600 (if my conversions are correct)

Archived