Zeppelin song on Idol Tonight

I watched the youtube and thought the performance and everything involved with it was horrible. Personally, I can't stand how Zep's music is morphed into this kind of song and dance routine. RocknRoll is about edge to me, and this was anything but that. I think it's just so comfortable to so many. This IS the exact reason I don't watch these shows, but I DO occasionally check out a youtube so I can have an informed opinion. I'm even embarrassed for those who aren't embarrassed and embrace it.

I watched the youtube and thought the performance and everything involved with it was horrible. Personally, I can't stand how Zep's music is morphed into this kind of song and dance routine. RocknRoll is about edge to me, and this was anything but that. I think it's just so comfortable to so many. This IS the exact reason I don't watch these shows, but I DO occasionally check out a youtube so I can have an informed opinion. I'm even embarrassed for those who aren't embarrassed and embrace it.

The girl is a Zeppelin fan. She wanted to do one of there songs...Not sure how you can find anything negative with that, as it's never going to be done justice do to the fact that it's not Led Zeppelin.

But to each his own. I have see MUCH worse including some original Zeppelin members themselves involved...

Limp bizkit comes to mind.

• 2 weeks later...

IT SUCKED! That song was all about the dynamics which could only be done by the four lads. This girl missed the point of the song. I've always been down on cover versions that try to emulate the original studio recording. Remember when Great White did Babe I'm Gonna Leave You? It sounded like the studio version.

That's the last thing Zeppelin ever did. Even when they did their own songs, they were different than the studio version and changed even more with each performance.

Some Zep songs can be covered. Some shouldn't be. WIAWSNB shouldn't.

Archived