Zeppelin song on Idol Tonight

This story seems a bit far fetched, but here it is none the less...

linkage

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Led Zeppelin offered a song to Haley Reinhart for American Idol performance

May 18th, 2011 12:33 pm ET .

Jodi Jill National Celebrity Headlines Examiner.SubscribeSponsor an Examiner ...View all of Jodi's articlesPrintEmailShare on FacebookShare on Twitter.Do you like this Article?

Led Zeppelin will reportedly be heard on American Idol as one of the choices for the show Wednesday night. The parents of Haley Reinhart were at the Monday council meeting of the Village of Wheeling, Illinois and gave some suprise details of the Led Zeppelin song to be used on Wednesday nights Idol performances

According to Haleys parents, the group members Jimmy Page and Robert Plant reached out to the American Idol executives and gave permission for the Idol hopeful to use any of their singles for a performance.

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant has never given any permission to use a Led Zeppelin songs to Idol. When they heard Haley do House of Rising Sun they contacted Idol and said if she wants to do one of our songs she can, explained Haleys mom to the city council. When you get that kind of offer you do it.

Advertisement

According to Haley Reinharts parents the three songs the Idol contestant will be singing are Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac, You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette and What Should Never Be by Led Zeppelin.

American Idol Top 3 performances start tonight at 8pm on FOX with Haley Reinhart, Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina vying for the top prize of being the next American Idol.

Take a look at Haley's folks talk about her journey on American Idol on the video clip here. They are definitely proud parents!

Since Steven Tyler became a judge I've started watching the show again for the first time in many years.

It seems very odd that p/p would approach Idol, maybe somebody from their management team did?

I thought the Zeppelin camp made a list of their songs available to be used for film and I guess television a number of years ago. Wasn't it at the time of the release of the movie Almost Famous. After the list of songs was made available I didn't think people needed special permission to use songs from the list?

I think it would be great to hear a zeppelin song.

As a zeppelin fan what a cool choice of song as well, but for the uninitiated Idol watchers if I was advising her on a song to pick for her final song of the evening I think she ought to include some lines from whole lotta love or rock 'n roll towards the end to really get the audience rousing with a familiar chorus.

Well I guess we'll find out tonight...

When she did "House of the Rising Sun" it was the first time all season that I rewound and watched it again.

She would be my first choice for a ZEP song too!

Wonder if she is related to Django?

Oh, maybe not, just noticed different spelling of the last name.

Was just talking to my 14 yr old daughter, told her about Haley singing a LZ song. While talking to her I realized something from something my daughter said. A good portion of her iPod is older music. Stuff she got from iTunes because she saw/heard it on a TV show. She typically gets the show version and the original. I have heard that music from show like these get a lot of attention.

My daughter sure isn't the only one doing that.

Marketing wise it sounds like wise marketing! Hope it works out.

I was also talking to my sister, told her about it...her first reaction "Haley? But she is more of a Bluesy singer! Why LED ZEPPELIN?" I'll explain it to her later.

Oh. My. God.

A friend of mine, knowing my weakness for steak and sex, has offered both if I'll come watch American Idol with her tonight. She is well aware I love Led Zeppelin and also knows of my loathing for American Idol.

But there's a catch...if I do this, I would have to wear an American Idol shirt for a week. And she gets to take a picture of me in the shirt and send it out to my friends.

I'm watching the Miami-Chicago game right now, thinking it over.

Am I so easy that I would sell out my convictions for a nice juicy steak and a night of sex?

Do It!!!!!!!!!

Oh. My. God.

A friend of mine, knowing my weakness for steak and sex, has offered both if I'll come watch American Idol with her tonight. She is well aware I love Led Zeppelin and also knows of my loathing for American Idol.

But there's a catch...if I do this, I would have to wear an American Idol shirt for a week. And she gets to take a picture of me in the shirt and send it out to my friends.

Am I so easy that I would sell out my convictions for a nice juicy steak and a night of sex?

Well?

Oh. My. God.

Oh. My. God.

Guilt free steak with no strings attached... you're a lucky dude.

And what a moment for her to have her dad playing his Les Paul on stage with her. That's gonna be one to remember for sure.

And hey...Rhiannon? The camera angles with the "wind". Dam.

No idea if she will go to the final but she did win the night for me.

Archived