Wilco

Jahfin

Wow, nobody's replied to this yet?

This is AWESOME NEWS! Looking forward to the new stuff very much. :yay:

Wilco is in my top 5 or so of best artists of the past 20 years...something like this:

Radiohead

Stereolab

Wilco

Low

Sigur Rós

Lucinda Williams

PJ Harvey

Bjork

Broadcast

White Stripes

That's a general top 10...the order might fluctuate on any given day. The next 10 would probably include:

Elliott Smith

Sonic Youth

Aimee Mann

Mogwai

Explosions in the Sky

Black Crowes

Acid Mothers Temple

Nick Cave/Grinderman

Beck

Jon Brion

Edited by Strider

Going to the Solid Ground Fest? I have a few friends headed that way.

Unfortunately it's at an incredibly busy time where I just can't get away from my commitments. I'm pretty passed the point these days of travelling long distances for festivals but if I didn't have so much going on this would get me out of my complacency.

Unfortunately it's at an incredibly busy time where I just can't get away from my commitments. I'm pretty passed the point these days of travelling long distances for festivals but if I didn't have so much going on this would get me out of my complacency.

Looks like fun but it's not in the cards for me this year either.

I fuckin love Wilco and all related/previous projects. Currently listening to Uncle Tupelo's March 16-20, 1992

What a coinkidink...that's one of the CD's I've had with me during my hospital stay. The 2003 remaster with bonus tracks. Love the early Wilco too...especially Being There.

But Yankee Foxtrot Hotel was the necessary great leap forward. And the later addition of local legend Nels Cline was genius. When I first heard Radio Cure, I was gobsmacked...I knew then the band was gonna be all right and not hit a creative dead end. The genius of the song is that it is simultaneously soothing and unsettling.

Submitted for your approval:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ea8gCC5HuE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'm in the mood for some live Wilco...how 'bout you? Here's a trio of good ones, from the double-live cd Kicking Televison, recorded over 4 nights @ The Vic in Chicago in 2005. You can hear what the addition of Nels Cline has brought to the band...listen to his jazzy lines in Company in my Back, or the guitar freakout in Handshake Drugs.

Edited by Strider

I love Yankee Hotel Foxtrot as well but I also have a tremendous soft spot for Summerteeth. For obvious reasons, it's one of several perfect albums for this time of year.

As summer is just around the corner then...here's some Summerteeth songs...enjoy.

Summer Teeth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPeBivxNdEs&feature=player_detailpage

Via Chicago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTecSbAEFaI&feature=player_detailpage

A Shot in the Arm (Live at the Vic)

Edited by Strider

Had to add some more Summerteeth songs...the 2007 Bonneroo was the last one I attended and Wilco was outstanding as usual. They did a particularly nice version of Via Chicago...

I'm Always in Love

Jeff Tweedy - ELT

• 2 weeks later...

the_whole_love_wilco_320.jpg

Cover art (by Joanne Greenbaum) for the new Wilco album, The Whole Love, which is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, September 27th. They've just announced dates for the first leg of their tour in support of the record with Nick Lowe doing the opening honors.

Sept. 13 Indy Murat Theatre

16/17 Toronto Massey Hall

18 Montreal Metropolis

20 Boston Wang Ctr.

22 NYC Central Park Summerstage

25 Columbia MD Merriweather Post Pav.

27 Raleigh NC Amph.

28/29 Atlanta Cobb Energy Ctr.

Oct. 1/1 Nashville Ryman

4 St. Louis Peabody Opera House

5 Madison WI Overture Hall.

So I gather Raleigh is where you'll be Jahfin?

Most definitely. The 27th is also album release day for The Whole Love so that'll make it super double nice.

This is taken from last weekend's Solid Sound Festival with Sarah Lee Guthrie (Arlo's daughter) and Johnny Irion (her husband and former member of Queen Sarah Saturday) sitting in:

Edited by Jahfin

From RollingStone.com:

Wilco to Self-Release 'The Whole Love' in September

The band's 8th album will be the first release on their new dBpm label

main.jpg

By MATTHEW PERPETUA

Wilco are set to self-release their eighth studio album The Whole Love on September 27th. The disc will be the first full-length record released by their brand new label dBpm. When Rolling Stone checked in with frontman Jeff Tweedy earlier this year, he said that the band recorded 20 songs for what has turned out to be a concise 12-cut album. This represents the best of a period in which Tweedy penned up to 60 new tunes. "It's a pretty great time for me writing-wise," he said.

The Whole Love includes the band's new garage rock-inspired single "I Might," as well as a seven-minute track, "Art of Almost," which starts with shadowy electronics, gently turns into a haunted vocal section, then sprints into a Krautrock-style blowout. Other numbers, such as spectral ballad "Black Moon" and the jaunty title track, call back to the group's roots in country rock.

You can check out the full track listing for The Whole Love below.

"Art of Almost"

"I Might"

"Sunloathe"

"Dawned on Me"

"Black Moon"

"Born Alone"

"Open Mind"

"Capitol City"

"Standing O"

"Rising Red Lung"

"Whole Love"

"One Sunday Morning (Song for Jane Smiley's Boyfriend)"

Edited by Jahfin

Oh mannnnnn....the ANTICIPATION is building! :drool:

Can't wait for the album to come out and the tour to come around Los Angeles. This sounds like it's going to be killer.

Edited by Strider

Just really gettin into these guys.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot smacked me in the soul a few days ago.

Wait til you see them live! I don't know where you're from, but if they tour near you, do yourself a favour and go!

They are one of the top 5 current bands live.

Scored 5th rowfor the St Louis show in the presale yesterday.

I got as far as the "waiting room" here then, during one of the screen refreshes I was booted from the site and was never able to gain access again. There was a "venue" pre-sale here this morning but the seat selection was very poor so I'm going to try the public sale Friday morning.

Scored 5th rowfor the St Louis show in the presale yesterday.

5th ROW?!? That's awesome dude...prepare to be wowed. If you're lucky, your seats will be slightly left of center, so you'll be between Jeff Tweedy and Nels Cline...Cline has an amazing array of axes and gadgetry. Watching him play is a bit like watching a mad scientist at work. It's the same with Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead.

5th ROW?!? That's awesome dude...prepare to be wowed. If you're lucky, your seats will be slightly left of center, so you'll be between Jeff Tweedy and Nels Cline...Cline has an amazing array of axes and gadgetry. Watching him play is a bit like watching a mad scientist at work. It's the same with Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead.

Definitely pumped for that aspect of it. I was hoping for tix on his side and the first ones to pop up were, so I snagged them. Others had some good luck with waitin around, but I wasn't gonna chance moving a row or 2 up if somethin was gonna be in my way.

Watching the pros up close is so different. Show wise I don't usually care where I sit, but it's cool to be close enough to pick up a few playing tricks from some one as masterful as Nels Cline.

• 2 weeks later...