New Yardbirds Marquee 18/10/68

peggo

Hello everybody I have a large collection of Zep albums some very rare and I've been sorting through them . I have a recording that claims to be from there first gig as the New Yardbirds at the Marquee from 18/10/68 . The track list Communication Breakdown,I can't quit you babe,Killing Floor,Babe I gonna Leave you,Fought my way out of darkness,Hush little baby,She loves you,London blues,Dazed&confused,Black mountainside and White summer .

If anybody can help me out with any information on this please let me know .

Edited by peggo

Yeah I've been looking into it as I'm off work sick at the minute and have plenty of spare time . They did start there first UK tour as the New Yarbirds and they changed to Zep around the end of October start November . Just Trying to find out any info I can as I've burn't it onto a CD now and I'd like info for cover

Their first gig was in Gladsaxe, Denmark, on 7 September 196 which they were billed as The new Yardbirds for. They changed their name to Led Zeppelin on 14 October 1968, 4 days before the Marquee show.

Edited by peggo

Cheers for the info I've burn't it onto CD and I'm trying to make a cover up ( Broken leg loads of spare time ) . If you know of anymore details if its not to much trouble can you pass them on please .

As I said it's a matrix of various 1969 shows. First known 1968 recording is December 30th 1968 in Spolkane.

The quality isn't that bad when you bear in mind its a bootleg from the 60's but it is a bit tiny for me as I'm a bass player . I also have a 10 album live bootleg boxset and some of that is very poor quality . But once I've sorted the volume level out on the computer I'd be more than happy to whack some copies in the post .I don't want anything just some input and info .

It has some of the Stockholm gig from March 14th, '69 on it. With 'I Gotta Move'. Right? Poor quality, too, If I recall