Robert To Sign Copies of Jim Capaldi Book

kenog

This is from Genesis Publications' website regarding the forthcoming release of their book 'Mr Fantasy' about the late, legendary Jim Capaldi. It seems buyers will get their choice of Robert or Stevie Winwood to sign their copy.

'Maybe it was the place - it was definitely the time. The arrival of Traffic's songs and the imagery of Jim Capaldi's lyrics brought us adventures and characters that vibrated through the psychedelic underground...' Robert Plant

This new Genesis edition with copies signed by Aninha Capaldi - and by your choice of legendary singer songwriters Robert Plant or Steve Winwood - celebrates the work of the late drummer, poet and founder member of Traffic: Jim Capaldi.

What? When? Where?blink.gif

Hi Honeybrown 1976

The books are ordered, and paid for, online from Genesis Publications website. Presumably, the purchaser of the 'Mr Fantasy' book informs Genesis as to whether they want Robert or Stevie Winwood to sign their copy, alongside the signature of Jim Capaldi's widow.

It operates like the procedure followed for Jimmy's pictorial book from Genesis. It is not like a signing in a bookstore - the book is sent to you in the post, already signed. You may already be aware that any books published by Genesis come with a hefty pricetag.

Hope this helps.:)

• 9 months later...

:blink:

I'm struggling to understand why anyone who's prepared to fork out for a book about JC would want it signed by RP rather than SW.

I've had a look at Genesis' website and the advertising blurb for the JC book seems to have changed from 'your choice' to it now being signed by Aninha Capaldi, SW and RP. I'm still not sure about why RP is so involved in this. I would have thought signatures from JC's widow and SW would have been sufficient.

MR FANTASY is a limited edition of only 900 copies. Each book is hand-signed by Steve Winwood, Aninha Capaldi & Robert Plant.

Edited by kenog

http://www.genesis-publications.com/News/mr-fantasy-book-launch/2006

'Some ten years ago I encouraged Jim to gather all his favourite lyrics together into a book. He had started selecting songs and writing notes to go with them and had asked his friend Robert Plant to write a foreword but, sadly, in 2005 he ran out of time to finish. One of his last wishes was for me to complete what he had started and I promised him I would.' - ANINHA CAPALDI

• 3 weeks later...