Madison Square Garden?

Led Zeppelin Consider Playing New York?

Published: 12/12/07, 9:03 AM EDT

Author WENN

Led Zeppelin are keen to return to New York's Madison Square Garden to relive the experience of 1973, when they played three sold out gigs at the venue.

The legendary rockers spent their time after their London reunion gig on Monday (10Dec07) reminiscing about the old days when their drummer John Bonham was still alive.

And the group - with Bonham's son Jason taking the place of his father - is reportedly mulling over the idea of going to the U.S. to sell out the venue all over again.

A source backstage at Monday's gig says, "The band were really fired up and were talking about their late drummer John Bonham and what he would have thought about it - it was a time for reflection.

"Then the talk went to, 'What next? Was this it or would there be something else?' One of the guys started talking about their three concerts at the Garden.

"There was a consensus of, 'Why not?' It is one of the best live music venues in the world. I have no doubt after their reaction backstage that they will be there next year playing to a sell-out crowd."

The band has so far refused to speculate on whether they would play any more live dates, despite The Cult frontman Ian Astbury recently claiming he would be playing a series of live dates with the music legends next year (08).

Copyright 2007 WENN. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I know all this speculation and rumour is great but only really get excited when you hear the band have called a press conference.

I know it became obvious that The O2 was going to happen before the PC but I don't think we're at that stage yet. I've certainly seen nothing that convinces me it's definately going to happen.

I'm still a believer though.