Darwinn Bombed 70 Years Ago Today

Reggie29

I recently watched 'The Gallant Hours' (1960) with James Cagney playing Admiral Halsey when he saved the Marines on Guadalcanal (Japan's doorstep to Australia).

But what ticked me off about the movie was this crummy 'THIS' channel and they had taken out the word 'JAPS' every time someone said it in the film. I sent them a message to get the hell off their politically correct soap box and stop censoring the damned movies. The Japanese are a great people, but back then they were a militaristic, murdering machine that had to be stopped. I never heard from the idiots. <_<

• 2 years later...

As many know, the Japanese seriously considered invading and occupying Darwin and parts of Northern Australia during the war. They never acted on these plans for both strategic and logistical reasons. They never seriously considered attempting to invade or occupy Southern Australia..

As many know, the Japanese seriously considered invading and occupying Darwin and parts of Northern Australia during the war. They never acted on these plans for both strategic and logistical reasons. They never seriously considered attempting to invade or occupy Southern Australia..

Mainly because Australians and Papuans stopped them on the Kokoda Track in New Guinea and they retreated after getting their arses kicked. We suffered a lot of casualties in the process though.

Archived