Led Zeppelin Offical DVD Audio

Miles Elzinga

I have the Led Zeppelin official 2003 DVD, I want the audio from it to listen to. There are several songs on their that have never been released live. I have bootlegs of them (trampled under foot, babe I'm gonna leave you, etc.) But the DVD quality is for superior. MY question is does ANYBODY have just the audio files split and in high quality audio or FLAC? I would love the audio files and would share. I have spent hours trying the find just the audio online and I found one copy in low quality mp3 and it just doesn't sound as good listening from the DVD. I want a high quality or flac audio rip from the official LED Zeppelin DVD. If anyone could help that would be awesome!!!

I did this a few years ago. I'm pretty sure I used this freeware:

http://download.cnet...contentBody;pop

It was very easy to use & the sound quality is really good (320kbps) I didn't rip every track off the DVD at the time. If you give me your email address, I can send you a sample track if you want to hear what the quality is like. Alternatively, I can send you all the tracks I ripped..I will probably rip the rest of the DVD, now you've given me the idea again....

Yeah, I don't know of anything available like that - but as Pagesbow says, it's pretty easy to rip the audio yourself. I'm not going to comment on legal issues in terms of DVD encryption. I will only say that the DVD can be purchased, legally, on the used market for as little as $10, and on both the Mac and Windows (and, I assume Linux too) there are freeware options for ripping just the audio.

Personally I suggest lossless, since the original audio on the DVD is lossless.

• 5 years later...

Well, I think you can extract the audio from video with tool:http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/dvd-audio-ripper.html

It's easy to rip DVD to FLAC, WAV looseless format. Speaking of  legality, https://www.quora.com/Is-it-legal-to-rip-a-purchased-DVD-of-a-public-domain-movie-Like-Night-of-the-Living-Dead it makes no explicit grant or denial of a right to make a "personal use" copy of another's copyrighted content on one's own digital media and devices. Hmmmm...

6 hours ago, Pilydide said:

Well, I think you can extract the audio from video with tool:http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/dvd-audio-ripper.html

It's easy to rip DVD to FLAC, WAV looseless format. Speaking of  legality, https://www.quora.com/Is-it-legal-to-rip-a-purchased-DVD-of-a-public-domain-movie-Like-Night-of-the-Living-Dead it makes no explicit grant or denial of a right to make a "personal use" copy of another's copyrighted content on one's own digital media and devices. Hmmmm...

Don't forget the audio on the DVD is already lossy.. Still makes for a nice rip though..

On 8/18/2017 at 7:30 AM, JTM said:

Don't forget the audio on the DVD is already lossy.. Still makes for a nice rip though..

If someone is looking for the regular stereo mixes of the audio, then they are not restricted to lossy - those are on the DVDs in lossless quality too.

The surround mixes are indeed all lossy AC3 only, but the 2.0 stereo mixes of Royal Albert Hall, Madison Square Garden, Earls Court, and Knebworth all are available on the DVD in both lossy AC3 and lossless LPCM. The extras (Travelling Riverside Blues music video, interviews, and the early TV appearances) are the only parts that are lossy-only on the stereo mix.

4 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

If someone is looking for the regular stereo mixes of the audio, then they are not restricted to lossy - those are on the DVDs in lossless quality too.

The surround mixes are indeed all lossy AC3 only, but the 2.0 stereo mixes of Royal Albert Hall, Madison Square Garden, Earls Court, and Knebworth all are available on the DVD in both lossy AC3 and lossless LPCM. The extras (Travelling Riverside Blues music video, interviews, and the early TV appearances) are the only parts that are lossy-only on the stereo mix.

I was going from memory, when I "ripped" Albert Hall I did so by playing the DVD on my laptop with an audio cable plugged into the headphone socket and into my PC's mic socket (crude, yes) to record with Audacity. I must have had the DVD set to surround because the waveform looked like an MP3. Or maybe when I split the file in Nero I got what looked like an MP3...Cheers for the correction..

1 hour ago, JTM said:

I was going from memory, when I "ripped" Albert Hall I did so by playing the DVD on my laptop with an audio cable plugged into the headphone socket and into my PC's mic socket (crude, yes) to record with Audacity. I must have had the DVD set to surround because the waveform looked like an MP3. Or maybe when I split the file in Nero I got what looked like an MP3...Cheers for the correction..

No problem! Since all the 2.0 stereo mixes also have lossy AC3 tracks, I wonder if it's possible that the playback software defaulted to playing the AC3 stereo track rather than the LPCM one?

Archived