Any audio footage of this rare Jimmy Page jam?

Date March 4, 2002

Location Epsom, Surrey, England

Venue Epsom College

Start Time 2:00PM

Setlist

1. Subterranean Homesick Blues

2. Grinder

3. Wherever I Lay My Hat

4. Unknown song

Notes: The College was fundraising in support of the Casa Jimmy: the Task Brazil Project. Mr and Mrs Page were at the College from 2pm until the concert finished late in the evening. Jimmy played 4 numbers with the pupil / teacher band.

No audio or video footage that I am aware of. Billy McCue apparently was there but I believe he has since been banned here. I could

reach him via other means to inquire if security at the door/in the venue was particularly tight with regard to recording devices. Some

photographs are available here:

http://www.led-zeppe...-news/2002-news

Rock Legend Jams With Epsom College Pupils

Tuesday, 05 March 2002 17:59

Led Zeppelin's rock guitar legend, Jimmy Page jammed with Epsom College pupils in a concert for the street children of Brazil raising £6500 for Jimmy's charity "Task Brazil".

Brought up in Epsom, Jimmy returned to his roots to spend the afternoon with aspiring young musicians in a guitar workshop before rehearsing with one of the school bands. The evening kicked off with a question and answer session about his revered career before a personalized box set of Led Zeppelin's work was auctioned for £1000. After a few performances from younger members of Epsom College, Jimmy took to the stage to the delight of the audience.

As trustees of the Task Brazil charity, Mr and Mrs Page have a vision to ensure the health and future of Rio's homeless youngsters. Three Epsom College pupils have already been to "Casa Jimmy" in Rio to work with the children and more hope to follow in the summer. Jimmy's enthusiasm has inspired pupils to aim for this year's target of £30,000 to buy a farm outside Rio to help children rehabilitate from the traumas they've suffered on the streets.

Father Paul Thompson, Senior Chaplain at Epsom College said: "Jimmy commented that he was impressed with the level of music and the professionalism of the young musicians at Epsom College. He very much enjoyed playing alongside the pupils and staff at the school on this unique evening. He is a lovely, generous and kind-hearted man who has a great passion not only for his music but also for his charity Task Brazil. This all came across to the audience who were bowled over by his performance."

Much thanks to Beth Day of Epsom College, UK and Billy McCue. Yes, these pics were first posted to Billy's Zep Phreaks House!

No audio or video footage that I am aware of. Billy McCue apparently was there but I believe he has since been banned here. I could

reach him via other means to inquire if security at the door/in the venue was particularly tight with regard to recording devices. Some

photographs are available here:

http://www.led-zeppe...-news/2002-news

Rock Legend Jams With Epsom College Pupils

Tuesday, 05 March 2002 17:59

Led Zeppelin's rock guitar legend, Jimmy Page jammed with Epsom College pupils in a concert for the street children of Brazil raising £6500 for Jimmy's charity "Task Brazil".

Brought up in Epsom, Jimmy returned to his roots to spend the afternoon with aspiring young musicians in a guitar workshop before rehearsing with one of the school bands. The evening kicked off with a question and answer session about his revered career before a personalized box set of Led Zeppelin's work was auctioned for £1000. After a few performances from younger members of Epsom College, Jimmy took to the stage to the delight of the audience.

As trustees of the Task Brazil charity, Mr and Mrs Page have a vision to ensure the health and future of Rio's homeless youngsters. Three Epsom College pupils have already been to "Casa Jimmy" in Rio to work with the children and more hope to follow in the summer. Jimmy's enthusiasm has inspired pupils to aim for this year's target of £30,000 to buy a farm outside Rio to help children rehabilitate from the traumas they've suffered on the streets.

Father Paul Thompson, Senior Chaplain at Epsom College said: "Jimmy commented that he was impressed with the level of music and the professionalism of the young musicians at Epsom College. He very much enjoyed playing alongside the pupils and staff at the school on this unique evening. He is a lovely, generous and kind-hearted man who has a great passion not only for his music but also for his charity Task Brazil. This all came across to the audience who were bowled over by his performance."

Much thanks to Beth Day of Epsom College, UK and Billy McCue. Yes, these pics were first posted to Billy's Zep Phreaks House!

Billy McCue was not there.

Archived