Recorded some Zeppelin tracks with my band Steeler

Giordano

MM translated it means that they sound very metal at times, and the singer sounds like he is from Japan.

The KC comparison was not as an insult. KC were a tight band who sounded very Zep, but they lacked uhhhhh soul.

My honest opinion is that the musical parts were not bad but the singer did not have the voice to sing Led Zeppelin songs. Though this was the only time I've ever heard anyone do the screaming parts of Immigrant Song besides Robert Plant himself that didn't sound comically bad.

Wow! And here i was thinking we kicked serious ass! :-)

yes, we are dutch and so is our singer. His accent seeps through a bit.

I don't really get the "soul-les comment" I think we play the tunes with a lot of passion instead of the legions of tribute groups that simply play what is tabbed out.

Anyway. Thanks for the comments. Food for thought.

Well I will definitely say you are one of the better bands to do the covers it's just very hard to find someone who can match vocals with Robert Plant. With the instruments you can buy what Page, Jones and Bonham played and tune them the same. You can't just sing like Plant though. Of course I wouldn't let that stop me if I was your singer. If that's what you like that's what you should play. Anyone who don't like it can go squeeze a lemon.

I agree with DAS, the songs you posted were better tham most covers that were posted on this site.

The soul-less comment was my opinion bout KC, they sound artificial (like Lenny Wolfe doesn't really mean what he sings)

Might you ever come to play in Venlo, I will have a drink with you before or after the show.

Rock ze, mannen.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived