Has anyone heard " The making of Friends" rare Lp from the Bron yr Aur sessions?

Horus777

I have it. It's actually smaller than a typical LP. The quality is very good. These outtakes are all available all over the net, of course, but this is still a cool item to have, one of my prized possessions! You say it's costly, what price is it going for these days?

lzfriendsep.jpg

Hello Badgeholder,

On one site, its going for $99 and £82 on another, cool. jus wanted to know what the quality was like. I didnt even know that these sessions were available, although i did know that theses sessions were recorded by the 2 roadies there. Any ideas what sites have these on ?? i;ll try you tube .

Cheers mate

The Bombay version of Friends is IMO far superior to the studio version. Roberts vocals are mesmerizing, his approach to singing in this version is very different to anything he has ever done. Awesome!!!

Agreed; this is one of my favorite of all their studio outtakes. All I would add, is that these '72 Bombay sessions eerily presage the entire Page & Plant Unledded era (even though P & P used primarily Egyptian musicians...)