Plant and Page's Rock and Roll respect for JPJ

McSeven

I was reading blurb on Rolling Stone.com's site. In it. JPJ said it was shocking for him to see other people play his parts on Zeppelin songs. Should P/P have let JPJ know what they were up to? If JPJ were invited to the P/P sessons of unleadded. Would that have not turned into a Led Zep reunion? How would you have handled it if you were P/P.

I would have let him know, since JPJ was integreal part of the band and some of those songs are a real showcase for JPJ. Thank-You and NQ are JPJ highlight. I think they should have said something to at least keep any bad blood from happening.

What do you think?

Thanks for the link. I guess we all think that just because you are in a band, does not make you all super close friends. We really don't know how close they are in real life. JPJ and Page were not at Plant's son Karac's funeral. So who knows what real close dynamic they have. I know other bands that are close. Heart/AcDc and Def Leppard always pride themselves as family all the time.

Would it blow all your minds that the people that made up Zep are not close and don't consider each other brothers? I hope not.

JPJ and Page were not at Plant's son Karac's funeral. So who knows what real close dynamic they have.

I've questioned that myself...why the other members never physically made it to the funeral. Strange. To say that they didn't care would be untrue and unfair, but that's one of the mysteries I'd always felt compelling. I'm quite sure they sent their deepest sympathies to the Plant family even though they were not present.

I think its possible that JPJ and Plant never were that close to begin with, not that they hated each other or anything, just they simply werent close. Ive also read that their relationship could go from being quite friendly to very cool over the years.

Also that happened in 77, a time when Page is said to have fallen into a very bad drug habit. If true, that could explain why he didnt show up. People with drug habits tend to do things like that, not out malice or none caring, their just in a bad place and arent very responsible when in that condition.

Take this with a grain of salt though. Because I wasnt there and it could be wrong, its just things Ive read over the years.

Archived