If Zeppelin toured again...

TRic

Oh absolutely. I have a ridiculous appetite for live music and new sounds. My comments on Zeppelin are all true, but they definitely don't consume my growing CD shelf. A fair chunk but not all.

It would have been something to see them even individually, I am hoping to catch Jimmy in the future before he packs up, but like you said it won't consume me. There will always be more and that's the great thing, and there are definitely plenty of real, raw acts emerging, so I'm loving being young as well. Thanks for your comment.

Hey Thomas, i hope you get that chance, I've seen Robert Plant 3 times dating back to his first tour after the Zeps called it a day, and I saw the Page & Plant tour in 1992 (I think that was the year......it was pretty cool to see those shows, but I will tell you, for me, even these live concerts didn;t compare to the first time I saw "The Song Remains the Same" at a movie theatre in Toronto back in 1980. I was 16 or 17 and it blew my mind.... I was friggin memerized when "Rock and Roll" started and still remember that emotion that night more than the concerts i eventually saw years later.... and now this O2 show is really looking like a gem. ciao.

• 4 weeks later...

He was also constantly nervously touching his nose, I kept expecting him to sneeze half a gram over Jools.

Interesting you should mention that, joe. This is a Jimmy 'mannerism' I noticed a long time ago. Generally it takes the form of 'wiping' his nose with the back of his left hand. I have a Jimmy interview circa 1988 and he does this throughout. I have seen him doing it in other interviews too. No criticism of the great man intended. Many folks, (including myself no doubt) have mannerisms which we are not aware of until we see video of ourselves.

• 1 month later...

I do appreciate how Robert Plant realizes that the band's time has long passed (but of course their music will live on forever), and doesn't want the band to be a bunch of old fools trying to hang onto the last thread of their youth, like the Rolling Stones. We had our fun, but when the party's over, it's over.

He was also constantly nervously touching his nose, I kept expecting him to sneeze half a gram over Jools.

He did that all throughout "It Might Get Loud" as well, and I couldn't help but wonder if it was the old habit come back. However, after watching that doc at least 20 times now, beginning to end, and observing his body language in general, I think it's just a nervous habit, for lack of a better term. I think he gets nervous when being interviewed, even if it's a doc on which he was the Associate Producer. I think he may also be uncomfortable in a somewhat close, intimate setting with people he doesn't know all that well. He is by nature a very private, solitary person and, other than when he commands the stage, I see a bit of social anxiety disorder in him. I have SAD, and it takes someone who has it to recognize it. Or it could be blow. Who knows. If so, you have to rethink your position on his ability to do a three-hour concert! Personally, I don't care. I adore him beyond all reason, I'm consistently blown away by what he can do on, to, and with a guitar, and as far as I'm concerned, he can do no wrong. If another reunion concert, or several concerts in strategic locations around the world were ever to become a reality, I'm sure Jimmy has it well thought-out and would plan for concerts lasting no longer than an hour. He wants this to happen so badly that sometimes I think I can actually feel his angst, and it breaks my heart. :wall:

I would love to see them in concert...its frustrating to know the reason it hasn't come out and give the fans what they want. Is one person Robert Plant.

I grew up listening to their music...but was never able to see a concert..

bonham son played at the Kennedy Center as a tribute to the band members awards..

.I think it would be awesome to see him play in his father's band.

Archived