iTunes HD download of the Concert Film of Celebration Day

blockhead

Has anyone else downloaded this? I had to report it to Apple as the soundtrack is distorted.

They refunded me and have reported the issue.

The Audio Only version is fine but the sound on the film on iTunes (at least on my download) is inferior...

Well... Whenever the band are playing at full pelt the cymbals drop out slightly and the track gets muddy... It sounds like a compression issue... I've tried it on 2 machines and it's the same on both.

The audio only mp3 is fine (well as fine as MP3's are!).

Well... Whenever the band are playing at full pelt the cymbals drop out slightly and the track gets muddy... It sounds like a compression issue... I've tried it on 2 machines and it's the same on both.

The audio only mp3 is fine (well as fine as MP3's are!).

Hmm. Good to know.

If feather's friend is right about the quality on his end being fine, maybe it's an issue with the copy supplied to the U.K. iTunes division.

Has anyone else downloaded this? I had to report it to Apple as the soundtrack is distorted.

They refunded me and have reported the issue.

The Audio Only version is fine but the sound on the film on iTunes (at least on my download) is inferior...

What is the audio bit rate from the download? If it's not 192/24 or 96/24 it's not HD! Is it Lossy or Lossless? Just curious.

Jeff

my friend bought the 720p version. says there were 3 versions to choose from, SD 720p 1080p

That's the video specs. SD (480i) is of course DVD, but a 720P version? Where was that released? My copy is 1080P of course. But if they did release a 720P version my question would be why? And the stand alone Blu Ray audio specs have a higher bit rate than the Blu Ray, which is confusing as well.

Jeff

That's the video specs. SD (480i) is of course DVD, but a 720P version? Where was that released? My copy is 1080P of course. But if they did release a 720P version my question would be why? And the stand alone Blu Ray audio specs have a higher bit rate than the Blu Ray, which is confusing as well.

Jeff

We don't have nearly as many HD options here in Canada.

we have all 3 options available here in Canada to buy the movie:

SD

720p

1080p

in itunes program, under edit --> preferences ---> store, click "when downloading high definition videos, prefer _____".

then more options will be available.

I meant more generally, as related to services like Netflix. When I checked iTunes, I did notice that there was a 1080p version.

Archived