Led Zeppelin catalogue now available. Mastered For iTunes.

sam_webmaster

No, what I mean is I have the definitive Collection and have uploaded to itunes already-sounds good to me... Was wondering if worth 100 for the whole 10 separate albums "mastered for i tunes" for us pathetic itunes listeners...I get what Jimmy says abt MP3's If he'd like to buy me a great sound system I am happy to go that way but with 2 jobs can barely get the itunes for 100 this week...besides as I said I only listen on computer and in car...to me they sounded a little better...Robert's vocal's seem "brighter" or more clear...may wait and see what Jimmy does next year For i tunes to put Expanded versions up(triple dip) would not surprise me...actuallu quadruple dip cuz I have the old 94 box tooThats what I listen to now on car cd player but am getting new (used) car in few months I hope and would rather leave my cd's at home. Bad run on sentence...wow

No, what I mean is I have the definitive Collection and have uploaded to itunes already-sounds good to me... Was wondering if worth 100 for the whole 10 separate albums "mastered for i tunes" for us pathetic itunes listeners...I get what Jimmy says abt MP3's If he'd like to buy me a great sound system I am happy to go that way but with 2 jobs can barely get the itunes for 100 this week...besides as I said I only listen on computer and in car...to me they sounded a little better...Robert's vocal's seem "brighter" or more clear...may wait and see what Jimmy does next year For i tunes to put Expanded versions up(triple dip) would not surprise me...actuallu quadruple dip cuz I have the old 94 box tooThats what I listen to now on car cd player but am getting new (used) car in few months I hope and would rather leave my cd's at home. Bad run on sentence...wow

Perhaps it would be best to wait for now, until the sets are themselves released. :)

Does In My Time of Dying have the "cough"?

Yes.

Yeah I am thinking waiting is best and for me the 2007 Mini lp cd box sounds good enough for now....I watched a movie with my wife Silver Linings Playbook last night and What is and Should Never Be was in it altho not on soundtrack cd, I guess OT but bit of a surprise...

I listened to IV last night and I think you really hit it Melcore. A great deal of attention was given to the mid frequency separation. Black Dog seems more clear, had always felt that so many overdubs were competing for the same space at the same amplitude. Four Sticks is pristine. When the Levee Breaks has a nice bottom end and is not boomy or milky. What stands out is how far away from current methods these releases are. You have headroom to turn it up, they are not overcompressed, pushed and clipped (aka Caveman style)

Real departure from previous "remasters." No ice pick highs. Seems that everything has its space, identity and is glued as one piece. I am glad I bought it. Whomever was enlisted to do this had specific goals in mind and had terrific oversight on results.

I've purchased "Stairway" and "When the Levee Breaks." I didn't notice as much of an improvement - aside from the accurate stereo separation in the first song - with those two, as I did with Physical Graffiti, which I purchased in full and have listened to several times.

I listened to IV last night and I think you really hit it Melcore. A great deal of attention was given to the mid frequency separation. Black Dog seems more clear, had always felt that so many overdubs were competing for the same space at the same amplitude. Four Sticks is pristine. When the Levee Breaks has a nice bottom end and is not boomy or milky. What stands out is how far away from current methods these releases are. You have headroom to turn it up, they are not overcompressed, pushed and clipped (aka Caveman style)

Real departure from previous "remasters." No ice pick highs. Seems that everything has its space, identity and is glued as one piece. I am glad I bought it. Whomever was enlisted to do this had specific goals in mind and had terrific oversight on results.

I have to agree. Once I bought the full catalogue, and listened to everything, I was able to see (and hear) just how much the songs benefited from this treatment.

If I have one complaint about these tracks it's that, for the first time, some of them sound dated to me - you can hear the context in the recordings now, I find.

Archived