How many Zeppelin fans here are under age 30?

JesseNoah

forgot to say HTWWW sold me on them as a live gig. Then I realized it was a COMPILATION of the best parts of the two shows (not a FAKE SHOW), found some other shows, and realized that it does accurately describe their early live act. AND I loved their 75-77-79 act as well.

I'm 23 and I've been a fan since late 2007. I remember seeing clips of the O2 concert appear on YouTube right after the band performed and became really intrigued by them. Musically, this is one of the best things I've experienced.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm 16.
I discovered Led Zeppelin by myself, no parents, family or friends. I discovered one of worst bands ever (known as Europe) that introduced me to rock, including Stairway to Heaven. Initially i disliked Stairway to Heaven, but step by step I learned how to love it; after love Stairway to Heaven I start listening others songs of the band. Now I hate Europe, but thanks him now I discovered good music besides classical music.

Well, I'm sorry if my present age of 46 doesn't qualify me for the 'under 30' criteria of this thread, but reading through the replies transported my mind right back to when I first heard Led Zeppelin. I was 14 years old. A friend of mine who was several years my senior, knocked on my door one afternoon clutching a small pile of LP records. "I'm leaving home to join the Royal Navy and I thought you'd like to have these records" he said. I thanked him and went straight up to my room and my record player. I had a glance through the pile of records and was at once drawn to a mysterious looking cover which depicted an old man carrying a whole bunch of sticks on his back. When I opened up the gate-fold cover and saw the picture of the hermit standing on top of the rocky outcrop, I was fascinated. The album was, of course, Led Zeppelin IV. I placed the record on the deck and lowered the needle. For the next 45 or so minutes I was utterly astounded. I had never heard anything so amazing! - I can still remember the strange and magical tingle that ran down my spine, when I heard Stairway to Heaven for the very first time. The whole album sounded just so mystical. I became an instant fan to the exclusion of all other music. Every penny from my paper round was spent on more Led Zeppelin. There was never a disappointment. I loved it all and I still do. over the past 32 years since then, I have enjoyed a wide range of music and listened to many different bands but nothing, and I mean- NOTHING- comes even slightly close to Led Zeppelin. They are the greatest band of all time and will always be my favourite. My sincerest gratitude and heart-felt thanks to Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham. :D --( P.S. I've just noticed several other threads regarding age and first experiences of Led Zep where I could have posted this. My apologies. I'll leave it here because it is all age related.) :lol:

That's a great story, and back OT I gotta say I will never complain about the present young generation ever (again)!! You guys have fantastic taste :)

Hey guys! (first post wootwoot)

Im 19, the first time I ever really listened to Led Zep was after watching School Of Rock, which funnily enough also introduced me to the The Doors! great film!

So I found the Led Zeppelin classics when I was around 16 but never really gave them much time (oh what a fool i was) - then suddenly at the end of January 2013- I dont even know what happened, somehow I found myself on youtube listening to more and more of their music, and I fell in love!! They are unlike any other band out there!

So yeah, I found them myself- unfortunately my parents were never rockers, and neither are my friends which really really really sucks. They think Im stuck in the past haha, but I love it!

They are incredible! Wish I could time travel back to the 70s!!!!

Archived