The Firm- Houston, TX- The Summit-March 21, 1985

DavidZoso

This was the first time I got to see Jimmy Page live and it left me with wonderful memories. The Firm were a awesome group with a unique sound. You had the great vocals from Paul Rodgers, the masterful guitar work of Jimmy Page, the fretless bass/keyboards of Tony Franklin and the intense drumming of Chris Slade.

One thing I remember that was kinda funny about this show was during the Paul Rodgers solo song 'Cut Loose'- Jimmy's guitar cut out and he leaned up against the drum riser and looked at the crowd and made the hand gesture of like- I apologize- I can't play. haha

This was the first time I got to experience the green laser pyramid that came down on Jimmy during his violin bow solo during The Chase. Very cool for a 16 yr old and any age for that matter.

Couldn't find a Houston setlist but this is what they played from what I can remember.

Closer

City Sirens

Make or Break

The Morning After the Night Before

Together

Cadillac

Prelude

Money Can't Buy

Radioactive

Live In Peace

Midnight Moonlight

You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'

The Chase

(w/ Bass Solo, Guitar Solo/Violin Bow, Drum Solo)

Full Circle

Someone To Love

Cut Loose

Boogie Mama

Encore 2:

Everybody Needs Somebody

Encore 3:

I Just Want to Make Love to You

013111firmaso.jpg

013114firmlam.jpg

013113firmguest.jpg

013110firm3211985.jpg

01313000174n10ac8bwevn0.jpg

01314400163n10ac8bwevn0.jpg

01314600166n10ac8bwevn0.jpg

013157aa.jpg

01312900157n10ac8bwevn0.jpg

01313100175n10ac8bwevn0.jpg

"This was the first time I got to see Jimmy Page live and it left me with wonderful memories."

Ditto! Saw them in Landover, MD on that tour. I remember listening to Page being interviewed on the radio and being asked if he was nervous about the opening band performing better than his band and he replied, "Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf?" heh

"This was the first time I got to see Jimmy Page live and it left me with wonderful memories."

Ditto! Saw them in Landover, MD on that tour. I remember listening to Page being interviewed on the radio and being asked if he was nervous about the opening band performing better than his band and he replied, "Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf?" heh

Virginia Woolf (Jason Bonham on drums) was supposed to open this show but was not there-nobody opened the show. When I saw them in 1986 -Mason Ruffner opened the show.

Great photos, as usual!

One question - How many times did Jimmy use his LP in this tour?

He seems to play only the Tele and the Strat.

The Firm was the era of the Brown Telecaster along with the Blue Strat and Danelectro. Although he did use the Les Paul on a few songs. I am pretty sure these were the only ones.

The Chase: violin bow/guitar solo bit(not the beginning riffs though-that was the Tele)

Cut Loose

Everybody Needs Somebody to Love

Boogie Mama

• 2 weeks later...

some fantastic videos and boots exist for these shows

THE FIRM had some shows that are stellar in intention and execution- unique. Many special memories.

Fantastic photos. Wish I would have been born in time to see this show too. Thank you for the great photos.

Archived