Keep the Spirit alive

Sero

I was sitting here thinking....why do bands pack it in after they lose a member? I know it is devastating to the band, and it really sucks that it happened, but shouldn't bands keep the spirit alive? Look at bands like Ac/Dc....what if they packed it in? I salute them for carrying on and guess what....people still love them.

As in Zeppelin's case, they lost the drummer, (and what a drummer he was) but a drummer can be replaced a lot easier then a lead guitar or lead vocals could. I just hear the magic that was, is Zeppelin, and I think to myself why did they make and take that view on the demolition of the band?

I never had the chance to see Zeppelin live (wasn't going to sell the house to hit O2 arena) but you know....I think the band will look at the demand at the O2 arena, and see the money making possibility's. I would be really surprised if Zeppelin didn't unite on tour once again.

I'd like to call out to Robert /Jimmy/John Paul/? and quote your words......."Then as it was then again it will be, though the course may change sometimes rivers always reach the sea"

There's many reasons a band calls it quits. Sometimes their own creative interests move in different directions from their bandmates, sometimes it's personal conflicts and sometimes in the case of Zep, they felt the band was what it was based on the strengths of the four of them. Without Bonzo, they felt they couldn't properly carry on the name. Some bands may feel they want to replace members who either quit or sadly pass away and it's not really a right or wrong situation. We have to respect how the guys in Zep felt at the time and appreciate what they did give us when they were recording and touring.

As in Zeppelin's case, they lost the drummer, (and what a drummer he was) but a drummer can be replaced a lot easier then a lead guitar or lead vocals could. I just hear the magic that was, is Zeppelin, and I think to myself why did they make and take that view on the demolition of the band?

I think the band will look at the demand at the O2 arena, and see the money making possibility's. I would be really surprised if Zeppelin didn't unite on tour once again.

He was more than "a drummer". He was the fucking Kingpin! He made whatever they wrote work. That chemistry you refer to was created by the four of them together. Not to mention he was a close boyhood friend of Robert's, who had already suffered the loss of his son three years prior.

Some things in life are far more important than when's the next tour or album going to happen. If you think money is a motivating force for them you're sadly mistaken. They've had hundreds of millions of dollars offered for over two decades so it ain't like they're oblivious to it all.

I would be shocked if they did decide to take this beyond just a few gigs here and there.

He was more than "a drummer". He was the fucking Kingpin! He made whatever they wrote work. That chemistry you refer to was created by the four of them together. Not to mention he was a close boyhood friend of Robert's, who had already suffered the loss of his son three years prior.

I'm not denying his talent or abilities, but the band could of kept rolling on.

Some things in life are far more important than when's the next tour or album going to happen. If you think money is a motivating force for them you're sadly mistaken. They've had hundreds of millions of dollars offered for over two decades so it ain't like they're oblivious to it all.

The bands desire to play is a given, and reading some of the life changing reactions fans had that went to see them at O2, that would be all the motivation I needed.

I would be shocked if they did decide to take this beyond just a few gigs here and there.

I hope your incorrect, I would love to hear a new album.

Archived