From “The Song Remains The Same” : Led Zeppelin’s – “Black Dog (Live at Madison Square Garden 1973)”

After watching the digitally remastered Blu-Ray of Led Zep's The Song Remains The Same, I can't stop listening to the 1973 live version of "Black Dog." I wrote about the film and my love of this redition recorded at Madison Square Garden at my Don't Forget The Songs365 wordpress site. Here's the link:

Thank You for reading!

That 3 song (4 if you include the Bring It On Home intro) used to open the shows during the 1973 American Tour are the most amazing 15:00 minutes of Live Zeppelin (IMO). Its just amazing.. from the opening "Alright...Lets Go"!... to the first "Good Evening"... just shows to me that at that time NOTHING could come even close! Its just wonderful.

That 3 song (4 if you include the Bring It On Home intro) used to open the shows during the 1973 American Tour are the most amazing 15:00 minutes of Live Zeppelin (IMO). Its just amazing.. from the opening "Alright...Lets Go"!... to the first "Good Evening"... just shows to me that at that time NOTHING could come even close! Its just wonderful.

I so agree. And writing my piece just naturally flowed right out of me. I love the way Led Zeppelin inspires me creatively. Most of all it's amazing knowing that I'm not the only one who feels like this about Zeppelin. This Led Zeppelin Forum is the ideal place to share our love of one of the best bands in rock history. We have a home. And the soundtrack is equally as memorable. Thank You for sharing.

I'm currently working on a new piece on an acoustic number from Led Zeppelin II that Page & Plant reinterpreted on 1994's Unledded. That one will be posted next week.

Archived