Jimmy Can I Get my Balls Back Please?

Interesting to see the resurgence of publicity around MW's house. Beckham was linked to it a few months ago and was reported to have looked round it : umm, what's taking him so long?

What's taking ANYONE so long? This obviously amazing property in a booming London market hasn't sold yet .. not sure what's going on there ...

Hi Truth and beauty,

The fundamental problem with the house is that there is only something like 30 years left on the leasehold - that is why the asking price is relatively 'low' for a property of its type.

Regarding the articles which Indie has posted above, Geraldine Winner said on her Twitter page on 28 July 2013 that the Beckhams hadn't been near the place. She uses her late husband's Twitter account, and I have copied the tweet below:-

Michael Winner @MrMichaelWinner 28 Jul

Beckhams haven't been near the place. Natalie said "know VB is thin, but I'm sure she's not invisible" Again, lies from the press

I saw in a recent article that the Beckhams have sold Beckingham Palace, and are realising other assets in order to bid for their prospective new home which is at the £45million mark.

I feel concern for Jimmy because he is right next door, and at his time in life I am sure he could do without developers converting the house into flats, or heaven forbid, a hotel.

Interesting to see the resurgence of publicity around MW's house. Beckham was linked to it a few months ago and was reported to have looked round it : umm, what's taking him so long?

What's taking ANYONE so long? This obviously amazing property in a booming London market hasn't sold yet .. not sure what's going on there ...

Interesting topic which I don't know enough about to comment with any authority. Except that crazy money is changing hands, mostly from foreign buyers, for prime places such as this. It's honest of Geraldine to admit the Beckhams aren't interested ( if that's the case) .. that story is great publicity for her sale. I doubt there's much chance of flats/hotel development happening there: too much big foreign money coming in. Mansions sell, at least in that area !

Jimmy has obviously collaborated, briefly, with Beckham and they both seem like nice guys, so not perhaps a bad outcome for him. But the Beckhams attract high level security and attention, so on that front, perhaps his life would carry on more quietly if a more anonymous Russian oligarch moved in..

Puts your own ( well, my ) relations with the neighbours well into perspective, huh ? ! ( WHY can't they get rid of that bamboo which keeps invading my garden ??.. and what makes them SO antisocial ? )

Interesting topic which I don't know enough about to comment with any authority. Except that crazy money is changing hands, mostly from foreign buyers, for prime places such as this. It's honest of Geraldine to admit the Beckhams aren't interested ( if that's the case) .. that story is great publicity for her sale. I doubt there's much chance of flats/hotel development happening there: too much big foreign money coming in. Mansions sell, at least in that area !

Jimmy has obviously collaborated, briefly, with Beckham and they both seem like nice guys, so not perhaps a bad outcome for him. But the Beckhams attract high level security and attention, so on that front, perhaps his life would carry on more quietly if a more anonymous Russian oligarch moved in..

Puts your own ( well, my ) relations with the neighbours well into perspective, huh ? ! ( WHY can't they get rid of that bamboo which keeps invading my garden ??.. and what makes them SO antisocial ? )

Maybe they have a few Panda bears as pets the bamboo has hidden from your gaze thus far? Remember Pandas are shy and need a LOT of bamboo to keep them lazy, fat and slow moving.

T & B,

Here's the link to the recent DM story about the sale of their current home, and the £45m bid.

You could always send your surplus bamboo stock up north - we have 'Sunshine' and 'Sweetie' (male and female pandas) at Edinburgh Zoo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2446239/The-Beckhams-sell-Beckingham-Palace-12-million-bid-45-million-mansion-London.html

Great idea I'll just cut down the bamboo and chuck it over the fence IN CASE the pandas are waiting !

"How very different from the homelife of our own dear Queen "

( Victorian quote ... substitute Jimmy Page/Michael Winner/ et al ... )

Archived