2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Congrats. Now you just have to hope they can hold on to it & whether or not the Blue Jays will revert back to their old ways & fall out of the division race. I think the Yanks will continue to plummet as well, so the division might be Baltimore's for the taking. Emphasis on the word might.

I do not fear the Blue Jays or the Yankees. I actually am more afraid of Tampa and Boston. But they have much work to do. Expect the thieving Yankees to swipe someone up soon. I think they already would have had that kid in Chicago or Price but were turned down? The Cubs are actually turning the corner. They are playing great baseball and its good for baseball. The league needs the Cubs to get to the World Series in the next few years. They do not have to win it, just getting there would be great for baseball. I expect my boys will fair ok in Boston and will be a half a game up after Oakland takes care of Toronnto today. HR cubbies as I type

Rick,check the NFL thread.The owner of the Sabers are looking to buy the Bills and hopefully keep them in Buffalo!

Wow. Thanks for that. I want Pegula to buy them. In other news, what the holy fucking hell is wrong with THE LOSERS KNOWN AS THE CHICAGO CUBS. They just traded Samjarda or however you spell it and Hammel to the Oakland A's for some fucking punk ass shortstop. Unbelievable stupidity. Just when they were turning the corner. Now they are a farm team of Oakland and want to let them win the Series. I am so fucking mad. Why wasnt Buck and the Orioles doing something to get Samjardfuckwakia? Hammel, no biggie. He played for us and we can send him to hell in a handbasket.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24608227/as-push-their-chips-to-the-center-of-the-table

In case you have not hear, the Oakland A's somehow robbed the Chicago Cubs blind by stealing Samardzja and Hammel. WHY? WHY? WHY? WOULD THE DUMB ASS CUBS DO THIS WHEN THINGS WERE GOING SO DAMN WELL FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AGES? For some SS prospect? Give me a break. You trade two proven pitchers and what is this? An attempt to stick it to the rest of the American League by giving them these guys? Those dirty bastards deserve to lose. They will NEVER win because they do shit like this. We are going to beat Oakland nonetheless. Donaldsona and Cespedes will not be enough.

Watching the King Felix/White Sox game at the moment. Rick, I think it was pretty much a forgone conclusion that the Cubbies were going to deal their ace--I'm just surprised he went to the A's. It seems like most of the so called "experts" were thinking he might land in Toronto....

Watching the King Felix/White Sox game at the moment. Rick, I think it was pretty much a forgone conclusion that the Cubbies were going to deal their ace--I'm just surprised he went to the A's. It seems like most of the so called "experts" were thinking he might land in Toronto....

Miguel Gonzalez pitching a gem so far. Mowing down Red Sox but just hit Pedroia. One out and one on in the 8th. 2-2

Gonzalez deserved better than to lose that game to those fucking mountain men. Hopefully payback is coming with Manny Machado's return tonight. Today was a day we really missed Wieters. But we are a good come back team. We will bounce back.

Well Nelson Cruz showed a national tv audience last night what he is capable of. 5-5 at the plate. A foot short of hitting for the cycle. Today Guasman comes back up and hopefully can out duel Peavy. Toronto must go up against Oakland and their newly acquired pitcher from the Cubs. I watched him in the dugout last night getting to know his new team. The announcers on the FOX broadcast expect the Orioles perhaps to make a move. But if Norris was able to return I think we would be fine. I do not know the status of his groiin injury? I hope its not a season ending injury. He was pitching very well and yesterday was a great sign as Miguel Gonzalez, though he did not win that first game, pitched great. Now Toronto has lost its star Catcher in case you did not hear. Encarnacion is injured from running to first base in Oakland. So now they are in the same boat as us without Wieters. I see two games Monday night that many could perceive as World Series previews. Of course the Dodgers are not included nor are the Tigers and they cannot be excluded nor can Anaheim. Baltimore is at Washington , Tillman vs Strasburg, a good one. And SF is at Oakland. Lets see how wonder boy does today vs Toronto. As for Gausman I hope he shines in Boston as the kid deserves a spot

Damn Strider your Angels are kicking some serious ass also. Our boys could meet at some point in the post season? What do you think of the Cubs and that stupid trade? Hey, anyone see David Ortiz get fucking thrown out at 2nd base by twenty feet? Ha. I could have outrun his fat asss backwards with my walker that I will be soon tossing.

The Birds seem to be catching fire at the right time. It might make you wish the All-Star break wasn't coming up--the Blue Jays may be ready to take that swan dive they seem to take every season.

And Dodger Blue in first place by a 1/2 game. That Giants June swoon may be creeping into July--although, I expect the Giants and Dodgers to battle it out til the end...

The Birds seem to be catching fire at the right time. It might make you wish the All-Star break wasn't coming up--the Blue Jays may be ready to take that swan dive they seem to take every season.

And Dodger Blue in first place by a 1/2 game. That Giants June swoon may be creeping into July--although, I expect the Giants and Dodgers to battle it out til the end...

Oh man you should have seen Big Poppy get his fat arse thrown out at 2nd base. By 20 fucking feet. Ha. Hardy waited for him to arrive at the base. Funny as hell. After he hit it off the monster. Brach pitched 3 extra innings and was just great. And Britton finished them off. Great win. My boys in first. That Tampa is more scary than anyone that is behind us. They are comin like a freight train. I wonder if Price is still for sale?

Well Buck has said certain relievers will be off limits after so many extra innings. Tillman needs to come up big. and Norris is supposed to pitch Tuesday and that is great great news that he is better. We need him. And he was really coming around. Tommy Hunter and McFarland are certainly on that list of untouchables and Brach who really impressed. I wonder if Brach may become a starter? The kid shut down the big bad Red Sox 3 st innings at crunch time. and Chris Davis will play tonight after being benched. Likely for his strike outs in key situations

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Yep, pretty amazing to lose that much ground in so short a time. Gotta mess up the psyche.

The Angels are playing real good baseball right now. Don't know if they have a shot at overtaking Oakland for the AL West division, but they might be a cinch for one of the Wild Card spots.

And so are the Orioles and vs tougher competition i will argue. If things were to end as they sit now, I wonder if the Angels would play Seattle in the Wild card, best of 5? Is that how it would work? Norris is back tonight for us. What a sight for sore eyes he will be. I hope he has his stuff like before the injury. He was really coming around. As are the O's and notably Machado and Davis. If Davis and Cruz are both hitting and Machado, nobody, and I mean nobody can stop us. We now have more wins than the Tigers. Yes the Angels are on fire. But lest see how they do when they play tougher competition. I know Toronto is not chopped liver but they did just lose their best player. And were on the skids before that. When the Angels play Oakland and Balltimore and Detroit we will see if they are for real. My .local radio guy who usuallly trashes the Orioles now admits they are the team to beat in the east and picks them to win it. He says Trout is the best player in baseball. I willl not go that far. I think Machado is near the top of my list. Defensively he is a monster. And he hits more doubles than singles. He is a double machine. So does anyone think Cincy might win that NL central? I do. How about you King? Ha. I do think Milwaukee is slipping and Cincy is coming. St Louis is the question. It could come down to the Cards and Redlegs? I do not know if there are any great pitchers left that are up for grabs? I now believe Tampa will keep Price as they have basically re entered the race and they believe they can make a move. Yesterrday they were brought down to Earth by an old friend, Shields. That must have been very tough losing to him. Its like Arrieta or Hammel beating us. Not so likely. But Hammel will see us at some point now that he is an Oakland A. Oakland now is very deep in starting pitching. At least they are set with their lineup. I believe we are too. Miguel Gonzalez really pitched well his last out and if he continues we have a lineup that can win the East. That being Tillman, Chen, Norris, Gonzalez, Jiminez and Gausman. Rock solid baby. And two guys that can close in Zach Britton and Tommy Hunter. Middle relief as good as they get with Brach and McFarland. And with Devon Young coming off the bench to hit in spots with an already powerful lineup, the sky is the limit folks. Buck Showalter has built himslef one heck of a team. Bring the Yankees on.

As it stands right now, the Angels and Mariners are the top 2 for the AL Wild Cards, so if the playoffs were happening now, that would be a good matchup--one I would have to favor Seattle for, as far as starting pitching goes.

Rick, you might take issue with this, but... tonight in Detroit, a possible World Series preview--Dodgers come to the Motor city....

As it stands right now, the Angels and Mariners are the top 2 for the AL Wild Cards, so if the playoffs were happening now, that would be a good matchup--one I would have to favor Seattle for, as far as starting pitching goes.

Rick, you might take issue with this, but... tonight in Detroit, a possible World Series preview--Dodgers come to the Motor city....

Its possible but so too are many other scenario's. Its a 7-5 slugfest in the 3rd at last check. I fear NOBODY with my boys lineup. With Cruz, Davis and Machado all hitting, we can beat anyone. We have the best defense in baseballl. If Norris comes back and pitches like he was, we are rock solid in pitching also. And historically Baltimore OWNS THE WEST IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Dodgers scored 5 top of first and now trail 9-5!!!! Unreal. Greinke tomorrow.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I like the looks of those steak sandwich's in Detroit brother. Dang. This ganme is a nightmare for the Dodgers relievers. The American League looks better so far. I am picking the Giants to win tonight. I may be wrong. My O's in a rain delay And the White Sox are doing a number on those Red Sox

Tanaka taking his lumps. Ha. Man Zepcoda, your Rangers have really fallen apart. I mean big time. Texas cannot buy a win. And they do not appear to care.

I do believe the O's and Nats will be rained out

Edited by LedZeppfan77