Led Zeppelin in the Marvel Universe?

chef free

I had an odd thought today, what if Led Zeppelin was represented by Marvel comics heroes! It started as I imagined the Incredible Hulk playing drums then "Bonzo Smash!" It's a giant green JB! So my mind jumped immediately to Thor as Robert holding his hammer the way RP holds the mic and cord.

But then I got stuck, who for Jimmy? Which Marvel hero has that mysterious quality? He would have to be a leader... How about Doctor Strange? According to Marvel Universe Wiki he is The "Sorcerer Supreme, Master of the Mystic Arts", which fits. The grey hair stripe is a nice touch!

And what about Jonesy?

Anyone else want to riff on this? It would make an awesome drawing! Who's got skilz?

Interesting that you brought up this topic, however weird it may seem. I saw a picture of Thor's hammer the other day and it had the symbol that John Paul Jones uses, right on the hammer! I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to Norse mythology (especially compared to Thor in the comics) but i was aware that Jonesy's symbol has some meaning or the other regarding magic.

I think a better comparison would be if you related Zep with the Four who are one from the Champion Eternal Series.

Erekose. Who destroyed his own world. Kinda like John did .

Hawkmoon. Who lost his children kinda like Plant did.

Corum who was into art and other esoteric studies and loner kinda like John Paul Jones

And last not not least

Elric who was the Unlikely warrior leader of an old and sadomasochistic race of sorcerers who's lives were filled with magic and debauchery.

Like Jimmy Elric had to use drugs to maintain his livelihood.

Just my 2 cents

I don't think the symbol on Thor's hammer Mjölnir is identical to JPJ's, because it's missing the circle (isn't it?).

This is a good explanation of all the symbols from IV. As far as I'm aware, the "symbol" on the Marvel version is based on simple Northern Germanic/Celtic artistic traditions, without any reference to the much more recent school of "Magick."

Archived