Killing floor

Wtlb71

There is a recording from early 1969 at the Fillmore west in San fransisco called "the dancing avocado". They perform killing floor (the lemon song) with a 1 minute long a Really cool bluesy intro I've never heard before. Anyone know where it's from? Like if it was just a random thing or from an old blues tune or something?

I didn't go to the link but the one version for absolute sure is 4/27/69, Fillmore West. Funny how it actually sounds exactly like something

Page would come up with, even if what Jone's and Bonzo are doing have little to do with the Smokestack thing. But if Jimmy tried to

Nick this riff, there would be TROUBLE !!!

I don't agree that this is smokestack lightning. He played the exact smokestack lightening riff in early how many more times right after "guitars, Jimmy Page".

This sounds different. Sounds amazing but definitely different.

It is the same thing, it's just been Jimmy-fied :wizard: The riff sounds different on Howlin' Wolf because he's not playing it as prominently as Jimmy is. Give it another listen, zoning out the bass and drums on LZ and HW and focusing on the flute and guitar.

Soundgarden did a cover of Smokestack Lightening and the riff is the same as Jimmy's and Howlin' Wolf's.

I don't agree that this is smokestack lightning. He played the exact smokestack lightening riff in early how many more times right after "guitars, Jimmy Page".

This sounds different. Sounds amazing but definitely different.

I should've specified that it is the 1969 'The Howlin' Wolf Album' version/arrangement, not the original. You clearly didn't bother listening to the vid I posted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Howlin%27_Wolf_Album

Ok my bad I was going by my memory of the various versions I'd heard, definitely not that one, which is so obviously the same!

You clearly didn't bother listening to the vid I posted.

Viewing on a phone and it took me to the last post only, so I didn't even see yours.

Archived