Ffysicl Grphiti

NealKenneth

When Led Zeppelin entered the studio in early 1974, they didn't plan to record a double album. It wasn't until later, when they realized that they had more than forty minutes of new material, that they dived backed into the vaults to assemble the sprawling epic that is Physical Graffiti.

But what if they had decided to release a normal, single-LP album instead? Using only the songs recorded in 1974, I crafted the album I believe Led Zeppelin would have released if they hadn't decided to expand. The trick was getting the track order to feel "right" while keeping each side short enough to print on vinyl.

This is what I think it would have sounded like: https://play.spotify.com/user/123343771/playlist/2P35LPYYQLm80LALphMvYy

Listen and enjoy!

Gotta admit. That I am a little bit confused by your Title of the thread. Anyway

I like the order that you put the tracks in.

Literally the first time I read your italicized "gotta admit, that I'm a little bit confused," Floyd's song "Dogs" popped into my head :bubble:

I gotta admit that I'm a little bit confused.

Sometimes it seems to me as if I'm just being used.

Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise.

If I don't stand my own ground, how can I find my way out of this

maze?

Thread derailing over...

^ I believe that was the reason for the italicized lettering he did.

Since a topic was just around with the same premise, I thought you might like to see what others have come up with:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/22266-re-doing-physical-graffiti/

Thanks for linking to this thread! It's not quite the same as the angle I took, but it is interesting nonetheless.

On the other hand, I'm pretty annoyed that my thread got bumped into the newbie forum and a bit puzzled by it. I agree that this might be a better way for a new listener to approach the album, but I was hoping to dig deep and discuss the album with veteran listeners.

Archived