Need help/advice on this Led Zeppelin live vinyl

Strider

I found this never seen Led Zeppelin live vinyl bootleg the other day and put it on hold while I searched for whether it was worth getting. The label is BB and it is a single white vinyl in clear plastic packaging with album titles and credits printed in blue. Unfortunately, the internet hasn't been much help. There is nothing about it on several Led Zeppelin databases that I use. Not even Argenteum Astrum.

The album says it is from January 9, 1969 at the Fillmore West. But, from all accounts that I have been able to access, the only song in circulation from 1.9.69 is "Train Kept A Rollin'". Some listings on Discog and Popsike have it as being from January 9, '69...others say April 24 or April 27, 1969. I also cannot tell if the album comes from Russia, Italy, or Tokyo.

Judging from the timings of the songs, April 24 seems the best bet. But if anyone out there has concrete evidence of exactly what show and what quality the recording is on this vinyl, I would greatly appreciate it. Here are some photos of the album I am talking about.

post-1470-0-19861700-1430181070_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-43129900-1430181125_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-68857300-1430181175_thumb.jp

Strider, I just got this vinyl last weekend, too! It is April 24th 1969, so it's the really nice stereo stage recording.

All the tracks fade in and out, no chatter in-between songs, the sound quality is pretty nice through a stereo.

I got mine for $25 and I'd say it was worth it. It's a nice, brand new, heavy vinyl - not a flimsy old one. Very few pops or fizzles in the record itself.

In other words, I'd recommend it!

That's a great show, with great sound. It's not quite a soundboard, though - recorded through microphones placed on the stage (in other words not the actual mikes the band members were using). So Plant's a bit buried in the mix as a result. Still an essential show though.

Yeah, I have had the April 24, 1969 show for years on CD but after having some vinyl stolen, I am building my vinyl collection back up and I never had this show on vinyl before, so it's a nice addition and it sounds great.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived